Director - Internal Audit - Investment Banking
- £120-£140K + bens + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Ink Recruitment
- 01 Dec 17 2017-12-01
Direct report of the IB EMEA head and member of the regional management team. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a top tier investment bank and lead an experienced team.
The role requires someone who can:
- lead and manage a team of ~5 experienced internal auditors, all of whom will be carrying out a mixture of audit project management and fieldwork activities, as well as ongoing detailed risk assessments of the Investment Bank (IB) business;
- lead audits to consistently high standards and deliver complex/ difficult messages to senior management, winning cooperation and support for effective issue remediation;
- engage pro-actively with stakeholders, building relationships based on transparency and trust; and
- perform a hands-on role both by managing and participating in high profile audits, whilst also managing the productivity and development of a team of direct reports.
Your team :
GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support the business in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally.
Our team is responsible for auditing the Investment Bank's activities across the Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. We are also directly involved in other regional and global IB audits and periodically assist our colleagues in other GIA teams.
Your experience and skills :
- a university degree;
- extensive experience in audit, compliance, internal risk management or similar areas within the investment banking sector.
- strong analytical skills and detailed knowledge of the investment banking industry;
- the ability to contribute significantly to ongoing and periodic risk assessments of both micro and macro risks impacting the business;
- excellent communication skills together with the ability to multi-task effectively and deliver multiple complex assignments to time and budget; and
- the ability to deliver consistently high quality written output including contribution to risk assessments, governance reports and audit reports and issue documents.
- a proven and committed leader with a track record of coaching and inspiring more junior team members to achieve their potential;
- experienced in working collaboratively across a wider global team; and
- risk focused and able to manage your own and team deliverables on time and to a high standard.