About the role
This is a brand new role which sits within the Investment Office in our Group function, reporting into the Head of Illiquid Credit.
This role will support the investment in Private Credit loans, by providing robust risk management oversight, coordination across internal and external teams in addition to challenge on investment strategy, portfolio construction and loan management.
The successful candidate will be a SME in their field and work alongside the Head of Equity Release Mortgages and Corporate Real Estate Loans.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to come on-board and work for a FTSE 100 company which is forever growing.
• Formulate and drive the strategic direction for the Private Credit asset class and implement that strategy through the leadership of internal and external stakeholders
• Lead the Group’s interaction with the PRA in respect of Private Credit regulatory approvals to ensure the Group’s Strategic Asset Allocation financial targets are achieved within risk appetite
• Lead the team that manages the Private Credit loan portfolio to ensure financial performance and overall creditworthiness. The Private Credit portfolio currently accounts for £1.5bn (30%) of the total illiquid credit portfolio
• Lead interaction with the PRA in respect of Private Credit discussions
• Lead the relationship with mandated external originators to on-board new Private Credit transactions either sourced by those originators or directly from the market by the job holder or other internal colleagues
• Understand and challenge the internal credit assessment and methodology of the Private Credit portfolio
• Rating agency experience
• Demonstrable track record of analysing, evaluating and managing Private Credit loans
• Strong credit risk underwriting skills
• Knowledge and experience of credit rating methodologies.
• Experience of managing loan workouts
• Strong Private Credit market presence, well known in the market (clients, advisors, banks, other insurance companies, lawyers etc.).
• Track record of delivery and working collaboratively with others.
• Knowledge and experience of Solvency II regulation and Prudent Person Principle
• Experience of valuation for Private Credit assets
• Experience of credit capital modelling
• Experience in engaging with external governance bodies and regulators