Director - Product Management
Product Manager for the Commodity Direct / CME Auction software platform.
Commodity Direct / CME Auctions is CME's software platform for cash commodities and spot markets such as spot Dairy (cheese, butter, whey, milk) , spot cargos of crude oil, spot aluminium, cash soybeans & carbon offsets.
The Product Manager works as a cross-functional leader to drive the innovation, development, delivery and the business success of new software features, solutions throughout the entire Product Lifecycle.
In this role, you'll work closely with customers, external users, internal stakeholders in BLM, Operations, CD&S, Research and Software Development and will be the Agile Product Owner to the software development team, participating in/leading daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning meetings.
High level Accountabilities:
- Ideates, gathers, defines, and prioritizes software functional requirements
- Ensures software delivery that meets the business need and maximizes value for our customers, business lines and that aligns with the CME strategy
- Quantifies and tracks the launch and success of each new feature, tool, front-end using success criteria, metrics, KPIs
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Knowledge / Experience in Cash / OTC markets, front-office trading or strong knowledge of trading, market structures, price discovery, pre- and post- trade decisions & workflows in generalKnowledge & Experience of Current Software Development Lifecycle / Agile Methodologies
- Experience working as part of or directly with a team of software developers
- Experience working for or directly interacting with senior business stakeholders / business owners.
- Experience in a direct customer facing capacity
- Basic technical literacy in areas such as internet/networking, coding, testing, databases, servers, client software, operating systems, security, performance, etc.
- Expert User of JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge/ Familiarity of Physical Commodities vs Derivatives is a plus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.