Director - Regional Intermediary Sales - Midlands
- Excellent Package GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Ramsey Portia
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
A leading fund management house are seeking a Regional Investment Sales Manager to join their team to cover the Midlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering both Gross & Net sales in these regions by developing relationships in the UK intermediary sector, with both in advisory and discretionary clients. They will be challenged to increase/maintain market share from existing clients and maximise new business opportunities. You will work closely with the wider UK Wholesale Team to ensure consistency in process and procedures, and to share investment knowledge, expertise and experience. The Regional Investment Sales Manager must establish credibility and trust with intermediaries by building and maintaining positive working relationships.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in client relationship management, in particular distributing investment products, and ideally should have strong existing relationships in the region. They should have a strong knowledge and understanding of the UK Retail market, including regulatory changes, IFAs, NDFMs, 3rd party platforms and product providers. They should be able to clearly and effectively present the businesses investment solutions to a variety of audiences, in addition to hosting meetings and facilitating events.
You will be responsible for educating the telephone Sales team on investment products, processes and product development. They will also look to you to provide global macro views and investment insight for their accounts.
You will have a dedicated to Telephone based Sales professional to work in conjunction with to achieve the regions sales targets. In addition to this building rapport and utilising the experience of the Strategic Relations Team, Product Specialists, Fund Managers and Marketing will be essential to achieving our mutual goals.
The role holder should be an enthusiastic and reliable team player, actively contributing to the wider team effort, sharing responsibility for results but equally a self-starter who is motivated to carry out a sales strategy once agreed. They should be able to prioritise and multi-task, yet complete work comprehensively and thoroughly without loss of detail or quality.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Regional sales targets achieved - new business (Gross), retention (Net) and market share
- Achieve a broad spread of asset class support, cross selling to existing supporters & grow new clients
- Key IFA accounts identified and targeted
- Account Managers educated on Investment products, processes and product development
- Increase penetration in the NDFM Channel to achieve new business targets.
- Relationships with internal stakeholders and external major distributors initiated, developed and managed in order to enhance business opportunities
- Activity accurately reported in a timely manner on to Salesforce CRM system
The role requires:
- First class knowledge of Investment market & Global/UK economic drivers inc industry related dynamics
- Sales & account management tools & techniques
- Previous use of Salesforce or equivalent CRM essential
- Presentation skills, this could involve presenting to groups numbered 100 plus
- Shares learning & specialist investment knowledge with IFA Consultants and clients
- Delivery on sales targets and commitments to clients’ goals.
- Identifies ideas and opportunities for developing UK Wholesales sales
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IMC or equivalent – highly desirable (must achieve within 12 months)
- Excellent Investment Sales track record
- Experience in Intermediary market or related
- Understanding of industry & related