Director - Strategy Consulting
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
We are currently searching for a Director to work for a leading provider of analytical performance reports, rewards studies and consulting to the world’s top financial services firms. Focusing exclusively on the financial services industry for over fifty years, they have been serving clients in the asset management, investment banking, corporate banking, private equity and private client businesses.Their highly skilled consultants deliver fact-based guidance to financial services firms helping them enhance productivity and profitability by optimizing revenue and cost drivers.
Strategy Consulting Director - Financial benchmarking, support functions
This role will play a key role within the European Financial benchmarking practice interact with C-level clients, advising and assisting them in running their business functions. Results are always present an audience at managing director level and often presented at board level to help clients validate, refine, or adjust their existing headcount and expense strategy.
The firm currently provides Benchmarking and Strategy Consulting leveraging primary Big Data pools including Compensation, General Ledger Costs, Client Service, and Capital to assist back office functions in solving a broad range of client problems through generating innovative data analytic solutions.
Their clients include C-level executives in areas of Strategy, Finance, and leaders of all banking support functions such as Technology, Operations, Risk, Legal, Compliance, HR, Internal audit and Procurement.
Typical projects include:
- Determining the ‘right size’ of expense and headcount across one, several, or all support functions across client group activities
- Supporting a ‘front to back’ study of a line of business e.g. Investment banking front office productivity plus support expense, and providing advice on how the supports functions compare to peers
- Operating model comparisons such as quantifying the number of shadow roles embedded in the business
- Internal vs. external expenses and headcount analysis vs. peers
- Run the bank vs. change the bank analysis including the relative use of technology to support the function
- Analysis of the workforce, ranging the average cost per head, to the relative grade profile and location mix
The Director has three main areas of responsibility:
- Managing and executing delivery of consulting projects aimed at improving the efficiency of clients’ businesses
- Helping to run the European practice as a business, including revenue management, consultant management, product development, and marketing
- Expanding the business both through harvesting existing relationships and creating new client relationships
- Experience as a strategy consultant, using benchmarking information to advise clients
- Experience in the role or regular exposure to the management teams of major support functions such of IT, Operations, Risk, Finance within Financial markets clients
- Experience in initiating and closing client project work
- Bachelors Degree, MBA preferred
- Presence and stature to be able to communicate with C-levels of client firms
- Highly numerate
- A point of view on the future operating model of support functions within financial markets
- Collaborative and extrovert personality
- Strong project management acumen
- Curiosity in developing innovative ideas and enhanced client value propositions