This new role would suit you if you are flexible in your approach and have proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships both internally and with clients as you will be leading all aspects of the SEI service delivery to clients being their primary contact and client advocate within SEI.
SEI’s Institutional Group is one of the first and largest global providers of outsourced investment management services. The company delivers integrated retirement, healthcare and nonprofit solutions to more than 480 clients in 12 countries. Our solutions are designed to help clients meet financial objectives, reduce business risk and fulfill their due diligence requirements through implemented strategies for the management of defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations and board designated funds. This new role would suit you if you are flexible in your approach and have proven experience in building and maintaining effective relationships both internally and with clients as you will be leading all aspects of the SEI service delivery to clients being their primary contact and client advocate within SEI.
What you’ll do:
- You will provide advice to support institutional clients, including but not limited to defined benefit pension scheme trustees in establishing their fundamental investment beliefs.
- You will ensure the establishment and ongoing maintenance of appropriate documentation such as the Fiduciary Management Agreement (FMA) and internal Investment Governance Document (IGD) to fit client’s governance requirements and enable SEI to fulfil its duties.
- Support and assist the sales process by providing input into RFPs, contribute to development of presentation materials and present in person to trustee board/CEO/CFO level.
- Advise SEI clients on investment strategy taking into account factors such as risk tolerance, funding policy, investor sophistication, client constraints and nature and term of the liabilities. Deliver recommendations to clients in relation to;
- Setting of risk budget
- Spending the risk budget through establishing an appropriate long term investment strategy
- A ‘Journey Plan’ framework to support agreed investment objectives;
- Liability hedging
- Advise on and maintain the SIP accordingly as required either as a result of regulatory changes or changes to the investment strategy.
- Report back on client’s success in achieving investment objectives on a regular basis. This includes;Work collaboratively with colleagues internally and with clients as appropriate to deliver emerging investment opportunities.
- Assessing the performance of the strategy and structure decisions.
- Assessing performance against a liability or goals-based measure.
- Discussing positioning and contribution to performance of the investment decisions taken by SEI
- Represent SEI through participation in roundtable events, seminars, conferences, media interviews and develop thought leadership in areas of strategic interest to Institutional investors.
- Interact positively with other areas of Institutional and the wider business to enable client feedback and needs to be known and addressed.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- CFA or FIA/FFA qualified (or equivalent)
- You will have experience within the financial services industry which may include investment consulting, fund management, Investment banking or asset management
- You will have strong technical knowledge of pension finance and investments.
- Ideally you will have substantial pension scheme investment strategy experience.
- Deep investment knowledge across multiple asset markets.
Attributes we value:
- Excellent communication and technical skills, thinking outside the box to find solutions for the client
- Excellent presentation and client influencing skills
- You will have a flexible working style
SEI is an equal opportunities employer and so much more…
Now in our 50th year, SEI is a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch. The open plan nature of our office space, flowing lines and numerous art installations are designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit twice a week.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (‘SIEL’) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).