Director, Deputy Head of Finance
Due to a recent internal move, we are looking for an experienced Director to establish a ‘centre of excellence’ in financial management and be a true deputy to the Head of Finance in MUFG's Investment Banking Division for EMEA (EIBD). This is a key role that will involve working together to set the medium to long term strategic direction from a financial perspective in line with divisional and wider MUFG goals.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees and about 300 entities offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Planning, managing and achieving all aspects of the financial targets for EIBD, including budgeting, monitoring and reporting the results in a timely manner.
- Periodic reporting to EIBD management and relevant stakeholders in EMEA and Head Office. Ensure results are reported in a timely manner.
- Participating in finance related MUFG-wide projects and represent EIBD to ensure the Bank fully understands its contribution and the implication of policy/procedural changes.
- Acting as the resident expert for EIBD on the core policies within the finance field, providing advice where required to the EIBD businesses to support business delivery activities. Also drive the development of new processes and procedures to deliver improvements and innovations in the way EIBD Finance delivers advice across the business
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships and communication with key stakeholders within MUFG both regionally and globally.
- Shring best practice and establishing financial data for CIB (Corporate Investment Banking).
- Taking responsibility for ad-hoc financial initiatives/requests for information within the EIBD arena as required
- Resolving technical issues and liaising as required with other stakeholders.
- Guiding and advising more junior team members, to ensure they are delivering to the desired standard of quality, and receiving appropriate opportunities for growth and development.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree Level/or relevant industry expertise in a numerate field.
- Accounting qualification required.
- Proven skills in financial management and control of a finance department, a middle office or a front office business function in the banking sector.
- Previous experience managing or supervising a team would be an advantage.
- Sound business and market awareness as well as an understanding of Front Office products.
- IT proficient (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good analytical, numerical, written and presentation skills.
- The ability to influence, multi-task and manage ever changing and often conflicting priorities.
- Ability to propose suggestions to streamline the procedures and reporting to better suit the business needs.
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
MUFG Bank, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.