Director, Digital Solutions Sales Europe and UK
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The role is a product focus role responsible for the strategy and revenue generation by delivering FX solutions to one of the fastest growing segment in the markets today catering to global payments providers, ecommerce platforms, e-wallets and fintech companies via SCB's FX liquidity platforms (SCALE & S2B)
- Responsible for the strategy, growth and development of SCALE/TBFX product for the UK/Europe across corporate and FI segment.
- Work in close collaboration with stakeholders across Financial Market (FM), Transaction Banking (TB) Product teams and client relationship managers to identify client opportunities in the rapidly evolving eCommerce segment
- Manage RFPs, sales pitching, pipelines and focus on conversions to maximize revenue contribution to the bank
- Provide a high level of professionalism in conducting client consultations and workshops related to the marketing and trainings related to the platforms.
- Structure solutions and product positioning base on client's profile and requirements by working with FM sales, TB and Client relationship teams especially for more complex deals which will might require working with multiple teams to deliver a robust solution to the client
- Provide/support customized training sessions for significant new relationships
- Conduct regular business review meetings with top relationship clients periodically to ensure on-going product satisfaction and usage, introduce new features, cross-sell capabilities, and build client loyalty
- Provide continuous feedback to product teams of emerging trends in the market and client needs for product evolution
- Effectively represent product offering and value proposition in industry events and SCB organized events
- Conduct sales / marketing trips within the Americas and UK/Europe when required
People and Talent
- The role will require superb internal selling and relationship skills as it requires working across FM, Transaction Banking, and the Banking Teams in order to solution and win client deals. The role also requires keen origination and client facing skills. At this time, this is not a people manager role.
- The candidate will need to be clear and conversant with all bank policies on client risk and onboarding, including appetite for risk categories in eCommerce and Fintech client segments.
- The candidate will govern and program manage the sales lifecycle, end to end, across Europe for our clients and products. The candidate will need to drive our program and revenue goals and governance across the organizations and also through SCB processes like account planning, workbench reviews, senior sponsorship of new client onboarding reviews.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Europe Digital Solution Sales Function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- The candidate would be required to work closely with stakeholders across FM Sales, Client Coverage, Transaction Banking and various internal divisions (IT, Operations, Legal, etc) on client pitches. The role would have oversight of the development, marketing, sales and technical integration of the platforms with external and internal clients. The role has direct client-facing engagement and income generation responsibilities.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Act as a catalyst, educator and cheerleader for the CCIB Digital Business as a whole throughout the organization.
- Represent our CCIB Digital Products at industry events and work to author CCIB thought leadership in target markets through traditional and digital media.
- Relevant product sales or sales management experience including a track record of revenue generation
- BA or BS from a top-tier program or equivalent graduate level education preferred
- Deep understanding of Foreign Exchange, cross-border payments and channels, merchant acquiring, and the evolving wholesale, institutional and retail eCommerce payments space
- A strong network of active client contacts is a plus
- Ability to develop clear sales and marketing strategies and execute against them
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills to work across key internal partners - sales, product management, client service and implementation
- Strong understanding of API's / technology
- Experience in project implementation and management
- Clear, confident presentation skills
- PMP Certified Preferred.
- ACT or AFP Certified Preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .