We are seeking an experienced Fund Finance Credit Analyst Director to join the dynamic and high performing CCIB Financial Institutions Credit Analyst Department. The team leads on credit analysis of private equity firms, institutional investors and pensions funds. The team plays an integral role in maintaining strong relationships with multiple business and risk stakeholders to support the delivery of private equity deals for SCB. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Credit analysis within Fund Finance portfolio. Risk analysis for new transactions, on-going monitoring of counterparty risk as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable.
- Completion of Group Mandate/BCA Part 1, Part 2, financial analysis/spreads and scorecards in alignment with Credit Policy.
- Evaluation of risks associated with proposed transactions, if required and ensuring that all credit propositions are both coherent and meet requirements.
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis.
- Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, as well as through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects.
- Acting as a broader point of expertise in respect of credit aspects with Product and others across SCB.
- Training and supporting junior staff; supporting business in Ad Hoc projects.
- Provision of insightful, relevant, and timely credit analysis across GB European FI client portfolio, including thorough, proactive monitoring of risks and forward-looking view over an appropriate time horizon, involving (if required) detailed modelling and scenario analysis.
About Standard Chartered
- Extensive credit risk experience gained in banking specific to Financial Sponsors. Experience in structuring and executing Fund Finance deals.
- Well organized, able to multi-task and balance competing demands and deadlines.
- Strong Excel and Macro Skills, ability to write a macro and use the existing ones.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of credit risk.
- Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with clients.
- CFA qualifications advantageous, but not required.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers