Director of Fund Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
Our client is an award-winning alternatives asset manager. They are looking to recruit a Director of Fund Operations. This is a broad remit responsible for many of the firms non-investment activities. The candidate will be responsible for future fund structuring and development as well as the ongoing product management of existing funds; including fund accounting, fund operations, investor relations and client reporting.
The role would oversee three main areas of the business.
Fund Operations represents the day to day management of the administration of the Funds and their associated Boards, for new and existing funds. Specifically this includes:
- Project management on behalf of the investment strategies to launch new (unregulated and regulated) funds.
- To recommend and manage strategic projects, ensuring the optimisation of transaction holding structures as well as the ongoing management of holding companies for the funds.
- Board management activities such as liaison with the GP directors.
- Depositary liaison and ensuring all AIFMD and Regulatory reporting requirements are completed.
The Fund Accounting team works closely with third party administrators to ensure that the firm fulfils its responsibility as AIFM to our Limited Partners in the management of the P&L of the Funds. Specifically, but not exclusively, this includes:
- Appointing, monitoring and tracking third party suppliers.
- Quarterly NAV reporting and Financial Statement preparation
- Hedging execution at a portfolio and fund level
- Input and management of year end audit for all fund related companies
- Management and oversight of drawdowns and distributions on behalf of Limited Partners
- Working with the wider Group on portfolio holding company entities
Investor Relations and Client Reporting:
Investor Relations is responsible for ensuring that all client interaction from quarterly reporting through to face to face presentations are of a consistently high quality. Specifically the team manages:
- Quarterly Reports
- Investor meetings
- Ad hoc queries
- Liaison with third party administrator Investor Relations team
- Marketing support
- 10+ years fund operations experience working with an asset manager or similar, with direct experience either in fund operations, client service or product development/management
- Educated to degree level
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Good interpersonal and project coordination skills
- First rate levels of numeracy and written communication
- Excellent attention to detail