Director of Performance and Analytics
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will direct and manage performance analytics teams across the global business unit, including the process of collecting, communicating, measuring, and analyzing investment performance information to ensure accuracy and the delivery of time-sensitive performance information for clients, marketing materials, investment professionals, and all levels of management. You will be responsible for continuous improvement and ensuring change is assessed and implemented in a robust manager consistent to a global performance operating model. Included within the role is ensuring a robust control environment is operational and can be evidenced. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
• Provide management and leadership for performance staff operating from the US, EMEA, and India regions.
• Ensure a strong understanding of the end to end process, controls, dataflows, roles and responsibilities. To provide leadership and management to optimize, align, and leverage global processes, controls, dataflows, roles and responsibilities.
• Lead and manage the performance calculation processes of collecting, calculating, and analyzing investment performance returns to ensure the data integrity and delivery of time-sensitive performance information.
• Ensure effective policies, processes and controls are in place, documented and maintained. This includes ensuring the effective operation of controls and retention of appropriate evidence.
• Act as the key point of contact for stakeholders, this includes being an escalation point for queries/issues and change as well as ensuring stakeholder feedback is proactively sought and any queries/issues raised are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Initiate, develop, and implement short and long-term formal plans to create and/or improve existing performance measurement functions and initiatives. Initiate develop opportunities to improve overall organizational effectiveness, including the use of India as a resource.
• Provide strategic direction and influence performance measurement functions across the broader company organization. Influences and regularly interacts at all levels of the organization, including Senior Management, Portfolio Managers, Marketing Professionals, and Legal/Compliance Professionals.
• Prepare standard, complex, and ad-hoc performance that supports client reporting, highly visible marketing material and investment professionals.
• Partner within Operations, Technology, and Vendors to ensure data quality and to identify and resolve issues related to performance data and reporting.
• Utilize and understand general and advanced performance measurement concepts and methodologies. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
• Degree Educated in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
• Solid work experience in investment management or financial services
• Advanced knowledge of performance measurement concepts
• Strong knowledge of investment concepts
• Demonstrable skills in stakeholder management
• Excellent management and leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrable skills in managing end to end processes and controls
• Ability to critically assess processes, controls and issues and to implement tactical and strategic solutions
• Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools, such as Microsoft Excel
• A strong team player who is able to successfully meet deadlines
• Work experience specific to performance measurement and analytics Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Certificate of Investment Performance (CIPM) preferred
- Proficient with data and report automation
- Advanced experience with performance systems, such as Confluence, Factset, and/or Aladdin.
- Experience of working directly with accounting, data management and technology teams