Director of Regional Sales and Operations (based in Cayman Islands)
- Attractive (tax free)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Canterbury Securities
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
The Canterbury Group Ltd., a privately owned financial institution and fund manager headquartered in Cayman Islands is currently looking for an experienced Broker with a strong Operations background to join their dynamic team as soon as possible.
The Canterbury Group Ltd. is a privately owned financial institution and fund manager headquartered in Cayman Islands. Canterbury Group is the parent company to the Canterbury subsidiaries with offices in Cayman Islands and Canada. The group was founded with one focus in mind, to deliver exemplary service to our clients. While most firms are concentrating on cutting service to clients instead of understanding their unique situation, The Canterbury Group works closely with our clients to ensure they meet their financial goals.
The Canterbury team brings more than 200 years of financial experience. Our breadth of expertise covers advisory and capital markets, trading, funds management, asset management, corporate finance, and private equity. Each member has extensive experience and work together as a group to meet our clients’ goals. Our culture promotes innovation and entrepreneurial drive within a strong risk management framework.
What we do
- Canterbury provides diversified financial services exclusively to: sophisticated, high-net- worth and institutional clients.
- We offer full-service brokerage and trading, corporate finance and investment banking, as well as asset management and portfolio allocation services.
Why you want to work here:
- Our people - we have a great team
- A dynamic entrepreneurial Firm with fantastic growth and opportunities going forwards
- Our culture - we are a strong team of enthusiastic, business-minded professionals.
- Compensation - for your hard work and dedication, you will be on a very competitive result orientated package, full medical benefits
- Location – you will be located in the beautiful Cayman Islands a globally renowned destination for financial service and vacation, Our office view overlooks the Caribbean blue ocean where some of the best scuba diving, snorkelling and beaches in the world
- Tax free – there is no personal income, corporate, property or capital gains tax in the Cayman Islands
Roles and responsibilities
- Strong experienced team leader responsible for team members and performance of the brokerage trading desk - be an effective organizational leader and a key member of the management team
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of the sales desk including workflow
- Entrepreneurial mindset – Interested and being part of exponential growth
- As a senior member of staff, you will be working closely with other senior management and there is a strong emphasis on team effort
- Manage and recruit a team of brokers
- Manage workflow of team and report to senior management – CFO/CEO
- Proven time management skills; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Assist in the coordination of all sales efforts for The Canterbury Platform
- Recruit, hire and train new advisors, wealth managers, brokers and sales members
- Provide input to senior management on areas relevant to brokerage sales activity
- Act as the senior contact for the brokerage desk for our clients
- Coordinate the efforts of third party wholesalers/resources relevant to the desk
- Work across the Firm with the product development, research, investor relations, and operations teams on demand assessments, marketing materials, etc.
- Build sales offering and presentations
- 5 - 10 years + of brokerage management experience
- Strong track record of running a team of investment advisors brokers, sales team and traders.
- Experience with Ultra - High Net Worth Individuals and Institutions
- Strong understanding and experience of a wide range of financial products and structures
- Hardworking, organized, and detail-oriented; someone that will take both initiative and pride in their work
- Polished professional communication skills (written and verbal) are very important
- Track history of originating new sources of business and management of existing clients
- Strong operational background with front and middle office experience
- Good client facing skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to make presentations effectively
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and organized
- The candidate should be comfortable with technology
- Significant experience in financial services
- Sales and marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience of relevant markets
- Must be a team player with the ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Ability to represent the firm professionally with internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint programs
- Be committed to Diversity
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
The successful candidate will need to pass a background check prior to signing an employment agreement.