Director or VP, Fundamental Equities Research Analyst, European Technology sector
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's pre-eminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
Fundamental Equities sits within BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group (PMG), which encompasses Fundamental and Systematic investing across Fixed Income, Equities and Multi-Asset Strategies.
The Fundamental Equities business is a key division at BlackRock with over $170bn of assets under management, across 90+ strategies and over 200+ investment professionals. The Fundamental Equities teams (FE) use traditional analytics to pick stocks and assemble coherent, deliberate and diversified portfolios. Through cutting edge technology, sophisticated models and embedded research, our investment management approach provides superior performance for our clients and is an important part of the BlackRock brand. Team Details:
The European Equity team is responsible for managing over USD33billion of assets across a number of different strategies. The team is based in London and Edinburgh, and uses a bottom-up, team-based, fundamental research process. Individual security research is conducted within a sector/pod driven framework to deliver investment ideas to a broad range of funds with different investment styles, including both long only and hedge funds. Research and portfolio management are closely integrated. The team consists of 17 investors including a data scientist supported by 5 product specialists and 4 Core PMs. The team has an outstanding track record of generating alpha. Job Purpose/Background:
We are seeking an Analyst to sit within the European Equity team to cover the technology sector and contribute both long and short alpha generating ideas across the range of funds that we manage. Working closely with other members of the investment team, this individual will need strong communication skills and a flexible approach to investment and managing workload. The Analyst will conduct independent research (attend company meetings, conferences as required) and be able to utilize all available internal and external resources efficiently, to build high conviction investment ideas on a timely basis. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Competencies / Experience:
- Conduct fundamental research on the technology sector, including corporate financial analysis, meeting management, industry analysis, conferences, and interactions across BlackRock equity teams.
- Generate long-term, high conviction investment ideas for concentrated portfolios with particular focus on strong business models, compounding returns and reliable cash flows.
- Contribute to the team's discussions of individual ideas, setting conviction within the wider research group and hence impacting portfolio strategies.
- This analyst should also be able to produce comprehensive and high-quality research with clearly laid out investment conclusions on actionable ideas.
- Experienced analyst with at least 5 years relevant experience covering the technology sector in Europe and an excellent understanding of global technology trends.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills in financial modelling of companies from working on the buy/sell side or from an accountancy background.
- Detailed knowledge across the technology sector, both on a bottom up and top down basis and how it is impacting companies within it.
- Bottom-up stock picker with track record of Alpha generation. This analyst will be highly motivated, an independent and critical thinker.
- Ability to use big data alongside our data scientist and a good understanding of ESG influence and impact across sector.
- Macro / top-down awareness and anticipation of changes in sector leadership.
- Passion for investing and team player with successful experience working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.