Distribution Compliance Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Janus Henderson Investors
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
The Risk & Compliance Function, which comprises Investment Risk, Operational Risk, Credit Risk and Compliance, forms the second line of defense in Janus Henderson’s global risk management framework. The Risk and Compliance function monitor the financial, operational and regulatory risks in the business and the related controls in place to manage these risks. These functions provide independent oversight of the risk management performed by the first line businesses. The Function comprises around 125 members of staff. Around 65 members of the Function are based in the London office.
Specific departmental functions are:
• Providing training on regulatory issues;
• Monitoring, assessing and reporting on business conduct and adherence to applicable regulations;
• Advising on the continual development of appropriate procedures to manage and mitigate regulatory risk; and
• Managing our external relationship with regulators.
Overview of the Role
In summary, the primary purpose of this job is to provide compliance advice and training in respect of all Janus Henderson distribution related activities, both retail and institutional.
The role will represent compliance in retail and institutional distribution matters, including but not limited to the following:
• Retail Customer Interests initiatives (including TCF)
• Financial Promotions
• Complaint resolution & Financial Ombudsman liaison
• Trustee & Third Party Administrator liaison
• Regulatory Reporting
• Approved Persons applications
• Gifts & Entertainment, Inducements
• Client Money
The jobholder must possess a high degree of enthusiasm and professionalism and be proactive in escalating issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To support the Senior Compliance Manager in ensuring that the distribution business complies with all relevant rules and regulations.
• To assist in embedding a culture of effective management of regulatory risk within the business.
• To assist in ensuring that the Distribution business area (including Product) champion and embed a culture of treating customers fairly and client centricity in a client-led and client focused business.
• To ensure that Compliance policies and procedures are updated to meet the needs of Janus Henderson’s distribution teams and when regulatory changes arise.
• To support and provide advice to global compliance teams on distribution and product matters.
• Senior Compliance Manager, Distribution Compliance
• Head of Distribution Compliance
• Marketing team
• Sales team
• Product team
• Internal Audit and Operational Risk
• External Auditors
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Experience of asset management compliance, with a focus on Distribution issues is essential.
• Technical expertise: technical expertise in the key regulatory issues and rule areas impacting Janus Henderson Distribution is essential, including but not limited to:
• Inducements and the Retail Distribution review
• Retail product development and TCF
• UCITS, AIFMD and MiFID II
• Conflicts of Interest
• Approved Persons Regime
• Regulatory reporting
• Complaints Handling
• Gifts & Entertainment
• Financial Promotions
• Client Money
• Teamwork: the ability to work with the team and internal and external stakeholders
• Communication: Strong communication skills
• Problem solving: ensuring complex regulation and its impact are communicated effectively ensuring practical and efficient advice if provided.
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.