Distribution Data Analyst - Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Distribution Operations oversees client onboarding, regulatory initiatives and client reference data. The Distribution Data Analyst oversees and helps develop strategies to enhance the integrity of our client reference data. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the internal Distribution groups covering : Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Client Service to understand and to address their Data requirements.
Distribution Operations oversees client onboarding, regulatory initiatives and client reference data. The Distribution Data Analyst oversees and helps develop strategies to enhance the integrity of our client reference data.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the internal Distribution groups covering : Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Client Service as well as other internal Business Areas : including Data Governance, Investment and Operation Teams to understand and to address their Data requirements.
The Distribution Data Analyst also works closely with Schroders' externally appointed Legal Entity provider.
Working closely with multiple Distribution groups to understand their business process and their demands for high quality client reference data
Gathering, documenting and analysing data requirements using specific data centric tools
As the internal data processes and data platforms evolve, there will be some component of operational data support which may include but not be limited to:
- Distribution Data integrity and quality checking
- Distribution Data analysis and reporting
- Problem resolution including end-to-end cross functional issue management
- Developing guidelines and workflows to enhance our Data capture
- Reporting and escalation including compilation of MI data
- Proactive identification and ownership of data quality exceptions to closure including root cause analysis and assisting improvements in data assurance
Ensuring compliance with Schroders Data Governance principles and processes
Ad hoc support for Distribution Projects and Client Communications
- Previous Data Analyst experience gained in a similar or related Financial Industry role
- Experience of validating Legal Entities and Legal Entity hierarchal structures
- Experience in direct interaction with business users in defining, analysing and agreeing data requirements.
- Effective participation in project-related activities
- Experience of using:
- Data mining tools i.e. Pandora, Tableau.
- Client Relationship applications i.e. Salesforce
Specific Skills Required
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Data Analytics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, written, presentational and verbal
- Project support and coordination
- Motivated, committed and enthusiastic.
- Able to build constructive and credible relations with stakeholders.
- Driven to learn and increase own knowledge of Distribution information requirements.
- Service delivery oriented and able to work collaboratively across teams.
- Able to prioritise, work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Focused on continuous improvement, quality and delivery.