Dividend Research Analyst
As part of IHS Markit's Equities division, the Dividend Forecasting team project amounts and payment schedules for corporate pay-outs on securities in major global equity markets.
Our team of over 30 experienced research analysts in New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Delhi generate estimates using a bottom-up, research led methodology. Forecasts are based on a variety of inputs including market news, company guidance, financial statement analysis, historical patterns and peer trends. Position summary:
The successful candidate will join our EMEA Dividend Research team with responsibility for France, Belgium and the Netherlands. They will use equity research and financial statement analysis to forecast dividend payments from companies in those markets. They will also provide analysis and reports to the buy-side and sell-side clients who rely on the estimates as a key input to their trading and investing decisions. Duties & accountabilities:
•Analysis of financial statements to calculate forecasts for dividend payments from companies in France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
•Monitor market news and company earnings calls for updates likely to impact the amount or timing of future distributions to shareholders.
•Build relationships with our buy-side and sell-side clients, answering their questions and providing insight to help them make advantageous trading and investing decisions.
•Liaise with contacts within the companies in your portfolio to fully understand their dividend policies and financial position.
•Write research reports for clients highlighting important news or trends in a market or sector.
•Maintain and enhance financial models to improve efficiency and forecast accuracy.
•Collaborate with other research or data teams in IHS Markit to generate new research ideas.
•Work our sales specialists to help with initiatives to target new clients and increase revenues.
•Work with our product specialists and technical team on initiatives to enhance the product.
•Contribute to projects to help improve our operational efficiency and estimate quality Business competencies: Education and experience
- Candidates will be degree educated
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes required
- Must be fluent in French, additional European languages desirable
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate study an advantage
- Knowledge of financial models beneficial
- Prior experience with VBA, SQL or python an advantage
- Keen interest in financial news, market events and their implications
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of equity derivatives
Personal competencies: Personal impact
- Able to organise and self-manage, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, remaining calm in demanding circumstances
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Confident speaking directly with both customers and company contacts
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas
- A willingness to contribute to the continued development of the team
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.