- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Jun 19
EDA Platform / Quant Developer (.NET) # 130457
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics Technology group (EDA) develops and operates a set of front-to-back applications that support P&L and market risk calculations for all Global Markets businesses. The EDA Calculation Framework team owns and develops the core technology components which enable analytics for these applications to run the EDA Platform.
The EDA Platform stores the firm-wide canonical risk results, P&L values and reference data across all Global Markets business lines. On top of this we develop and support a graph-based calculation layer which enables on-demand risk and scenario calculations to both front office and risk management users.
Along with the data store and calculation layer our team also develops Risk Data Algebra (RDA) a suite of software which enables the aggregation and manipulation (slicing & dicing) of large volumes of data and the representation of that data into consistent GUIs and reports. All of this technology is underpinned by our Risk Definition Language (RDL) which describes all the data structures within the EDA Platform.
Our team is looking to grow in 2019 to underpin its position as the key enabler of Credit Suisse Global Markets business to meet current and future regulatory reporting requirements whilst providing the next generation calculation and analytic layer for the firm's risk reporting needs and adopting Cloud technology.
We are looking for an experienced .NET developer to join the EDA Calculation Framework team. The key responsibilities of your role will be:
- Interacting with Front-Office Quant teams to understand their needs that can be served by the EDA Platform.
- Enhancing the EDA Platform to meet these needs.
- Implementing improvements to the EDA Calculation Framework in .NET.
- Collaborating with all teams of the EDA Technology group to continuously enhance the EDA Platform.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Essential skills (not all are necessarily required if otherwise a good fit for the role):
- Degree (BSc) or Post-graduate (Masters/PhD) degree educated with a mathematical/computational degree or similar (Engineering or Physics for example) or equivalent work experience.
- Strong design and development skills in .NET (F# and/or C#) with solid understanding of standard container data structures and algorithms.
- Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development approach to software development.
- Experience with distributed, asynchronous client/server development.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, a can-do attitude and eager to be challenged, including a demonstrable ability to follow issues through to resolution. We want you to contribute your interpersonal skills to our team.
- Flexible and adaptable, being willing to move focus between components and projects easily.
- Solid experience of designing and developing risk management or similarly quantitative software solutions at a top tier investment bank.
- Experience implementing Web UIs (e.g. Angular framework) and Web UI backend servers.
- Experience working with, or in, a Quant team.
- Experience with memory and performance profilers.
- Experience with Micro services and Cloud deployment.
- Experience with Python and / or functional programming paradigms.
- A good understanding of the HTTP stack on windows, and its .NET implementation.
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.