EMEA CIB Treasury Long Term Forecasting - Associate
This role will have exposure and responsibility across varying levels of management across multiple regions and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in a strategic view of the CIB's activity and who has a keen interest in capital markets, liquidity risk management and funding. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Working with the CIB Markets LOBs, EMEA Capital Management, Corporate Treasury, EMEA P&A and Brexit Sales and Projects teams to forecast the balance sheet for the key EMEA entities impacted by Brexit including:
- Quarterly forecasting of future balance sheet, funding and liquidity requirements and tracking vs. actuals
- Enhancement and ongoing maintenance of quarterly reporting tools, working closely with Product Control, Corporate Treasury, Legal Entity Control, EMEA P&A and Regulatory Reporting teams as needed to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Providing thoughtful analyses to support ALCO (asset and liability committee) review as well as other internal meetings where analysis of future entity balance sheet, funding, liquidity and currency positions are required.
- Providing ongoing support for Brexit-related external reporting including ad hoc regulator requests and annual ILAAP and ICAAP reporting.
- Partnering with BAU CIBT Banking and Markets teams to incorporate long term forecasts into their daily reporting.
- Drive on-going improvements and efficiencies when preparing the forecasts
Working with the CIB Recovery & Resolution (CIB R&R), Recovery & Resolution Financial Analytics (RRFA), Legal Entity Control, Corporate Treasury and Orderly Wind Down teams to review the pro forma financial statements of the CIB MLEs in support of the annual Firmwide Resolution exercise including:
- Facilitating and managing the annual review of the pro forma income statement and balance sheet for 14 CIB Material Legal Entities working closely with key stakeholders
- Preparing the CIB input for three consolidated MLEs
- Facing off to Regional Legal Entity Controllers in order to obtain their sign-off
- Preparation of residual P&L analysis for CIB MLEs and consolidated entities
- Liaising with RRFA on outcome of CIB MLE review
- Supporting the CIB R&R lessons learned agenda
- Drive on-going improvements and efficiencies within the space
- Preparing or assisting with analysis of balance sheet, liquidity and funding impacts of potential business and structural changes in EMEA LEs.
- The preferred candidate will be a dynamic individual with intellectual curiosity and a strong track record of insightful analysis and control focus coupled with delivery of process improvements.
- Working knowledge of Investment Bank products and balance sheet along with financial theory and accounting principles
- Strong analytical, investigative problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Self-starter, who is able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Focused work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the capability to engage various functions, locations, and businesses
- A 'hands on' team player who is equally comfortable carrying out detailed analysis on an independent basis or coordinating input from others
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (including PitchPro)
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication abilities
- Professional accounting qualification - preferred
- Knowledge of ALM, funding and liquidity and regulatory developments in the treasury space (e.g. LCR, NSFR) - preferred