See job description for details
EMEA Counterparty Credit Expert – Associate
Division: Risk Management
Job Title: EMEA Counterparty Credit Expert
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a risk professional to join the Counterparty Credit Risk team covering financial institutions and associated management of credit risk in traded products with a strong analytical and quantitative background. Primary responsibilities include:
- Credit analysis, credit rating assignment and risk management for financial institutions as well as setting and monitoring credit risk appetite
- Analysis, challenge and as appropriate approval of credit risk arising from derivative transactions
- Point of contact within the team for a specific traded products, for example interest rate derivatives, including regular analysis of risks within the product across all counterparties and explain of product-specific changes in the credit risk profile
- Monitoring and analysis of credit risk sensitivities in the Financial Institutions portfolio
- Understand how macroeconomic and market events impact our portfolio and counterparty credit quality
- Liaise as necessary with other functional groups including operations, market risk, risk reporting, regulatory, controllers and capital groups Qualifications:
Skills Required (essential)
- University degree in Quantitative Finance or another quantitative discipline, plus proven experience in Credit or Market Risk Management, Financial Modelling or related risk functions, is a plus
- Strong understanding of financial risks in traded products and the credit approval process. The candidate should be familiar with assessing the credit risk in derivative and secured financing transactions as well as the legal agreements covering these transactions
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed way to thrive in collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multitask, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written, including ability to summarize key messages for senior management presentations.
- Good working knowledge on SQL and Excel VBA. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power Point, Word, Project. *LI-SC2
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.