EMEA FCC / Financial Crime Compliance Regional Officer (Investment Banking)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Chief Risk and Compliance Officer function is a highly visible, dynamic area where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. We drive strategic and sustainable returns, and offer risk, controls and regulatory advice. You will be part of a team that is renowned for its fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment. We believe our colleagues are our best asset.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The EMEA FCC Execution team is part of the wider EMEA FCC function that is based in London. The team provides regional coverage for the Investment Banking (IB) division as well as UK coverage for International Wealth Management (IWM). There are four main areas of responsibility within the EMEA FCC Execution team - Financial Crime Regulatory Development, Exam Management and Policies; Governance & Communications; EMEA Regional Support to Country Compliance Officers within the IB division; and Financial Crime Risk Assessments (FCRA).
This role will report to the EMEA Head of FCC Execution and be responsible for overseeing the FCC program across the EMEA region. They will be the primary point of contact for all EMEA non-hub locations.
This is a dynamic and diverse role that requires a detailed understanding of financial crime in support of the in-country compliance officers with financial crime responsibilities. It would also include extensive coordination, interaction with, and visibility amongst, senior business partners across IB Compliance and the wider IB Division. The role would be based in London and will be VP level.
Responsibilities will also include (but not be limited to):
- Manage and support the implementation of the FCC program for investment banking (IB) within the EMEA region.
- Act as a single point of contact for all EMEA non-hub Country Compliance Officers within the IB division in matters related to financial crime.
- Provide advice and guidance on all financial crime matters to the EMEA non-hub Country Compliance Officers.
- Support the Country Compliance Officers in terms of regulatory developments (through enhancements to laws and regulations in region as well as enforcement actions against FIs).
- Line management responsibility for FCC officers who are based in Germany & Spain.
- Support the execution of the annual Financial Crime Risk Assessment (FCRA) program in EMEA non-hub locations for IB in conjunction with the in-country Country Compliance Officers.
- Provide support and guidance for a centralised approach to both Internal Audit and Regulatory examination management.
The role will be expected to work with the FCC Senior Management Team on various ad-hoc projects in relation to FCC and provide support when requested.
This role is open to discussion regarding flexible / agile working. You Offer
- Extensive experience working in a relevant financial crime position within a financial institution. Experience line managing a team both locally and remotely. Strong interpersonal skills and open, team oriented attitude.
- Preferably be educated to degree level or have an appropriate FCC qualification such as an ICA Diploma in Financial Crime and or equivalent work experience.
- Need to have sufficient gravitas as the role requires coordinating with senior business partners across the lines of defence and the EMEA region. The ability to influence actions/agenda through meaningful messaging. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English required. Knowledge of another European language is advantageous in order to interact with other EMEA / European offices.
- Detailed knowledge of the regulatory and legislative requirements for the financial crime fields, AML/CTF, sanctions, ABC and Tax Evasion in the UK and other EMEA locations.
- Experience of managing both Internal Audit and Regulatory examinations within a financial crime context.
- Detailed knowledge and familiarity of investment banking in terms of products and the risks they pose in terms of financial crime.
- Results-oriented, hardworking individual with outstanding attention to details and problem solving skills. Demonstrate ability to learn.
You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Murray Barber would be delighted to receive your application. Please apply via our career portal.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success