EMEA Financial Institutions Team, Counterparty Credit Risk – Associate / Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Oct 17 2017-10-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
The role is in the Financial Institutions coverage team in EMEA, which is responsible for the credit assessment and risk management of the Firm’s business with financial institutions in developed markets, including but not limited to insurance companies, brokers and central counterparties. The role includes the following primary responsibilities:
• Oversight of the credit analysis and risk management for financial institutions in EMEA, in particular the credit due diligence and rating process as well as setting and monitoring of credit risk limits
• Transaction analysis and credit approval process including credit risk mitigation and documentation requirements
• Represent credit risk and risk sensitivities associated with the EMEA Financial Institutions portfolio through development and production of ad-hoc and regular reports
• Liaise with other departments including legal, operations, risk reporting, regulatory controllers and capital groups
• Regular interaction with Sales & Trading Division for all financial institutions related requests
• Dedicated product coverage for FID and IED derivatives
• Proven experience in Credit Risk Management for financial institutions
• Familiarity with financial institutions trading strategies and strong understanding of credit risk in traded products across Sales & Trading
• Experience in traded products and the credit approval process. The candidate should be familiar with assessing the credit risk in derivative, secured financing and lending transaction as well as the legal agreements covering those transactions
• Ability to influence, including under pressure, while retaining independence
• Ability to work independently in a self-directed way
• Strong communications skills, verbal and written and ability to build relationships internally and externally
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives
and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1