EMEA ICAAP Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
State Street are looking for a Senior Manager specialising in ICAAP risk.State Street
The purpose of the role is to act as key member of the Risk Management ICAAP team in EMEA, including preparation, planning and execution.
In its role the successful candidate will provide close coordination of all Risk Management workstreams and deep technical understanding of the Capital Adequacy process, with direct execution responsibility on Risk Appetite, Risk Identification and Stress Testing. He will also actively contribute to the enhancement and harmonization of ICAAP methodologies across State Street entities in EMEA.
- Lead and execute Risk Management responsibilities on the annual Capital Adequacy process, i.e. Risks identification, Risk Appetite and Capital limits, Stress testing and Scenario analysis and Risk aggregation
- Coordinate all Risk Management workstreams on Pillar II risk quantification, including methodology upgrade and execution on all risk areas, i.e., credit risk, market risk, operational risk, other risks
- Act as key liaison between Risk Management sub-functions (e.g., Credit risk, Market risk, Operational risk) as well as CCAR infrastructure of State Street Corporation in US
- Ensure smooth coordination with Global Treasury and Finance teams for overall ICAAP delivery
- Lead and coordinate Risk Management practice evolution and harmonization across State Street entities in EMEA, with particular reference to Risk Identification and Stress testing/Scenario analysis
- Support ICAAP documentation production and consolidation, including detailed review and formal submission to local Boards of Directors
- Lead and support the preparation of project progress status, issues escalations, problem solving, etc.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications cross all workstreams, within Enterprise Risk Management and with other involved Functions (e.g., Global Treasury, Finance)
- Develop effective working relationship with all EMEA Legal Entities to ensure process execution efficiency and full compliance with local regulations
- Establish and monitor systems of review and escalation procedures so that ICAAP complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Ensure that appropriate management information is produced and reviewed at appropriate intervals and at the required governance levels
- Support a culture of effective challenge to ensure appropriate governance
- Effectively lead and execute key ICAAP components and support the internal ICAAP practice upgrade across State Street entities in EMEA
- Develop a deep understanding of the technicalities behind each workstream
- Effectively collaborate with the wider Risk Management organization in EMEA as well as with US colleagues
- Develop good working relationships and pro actively co-operate with colleagues of other involved Functions (e.g., Global Treasury, Finance)
- Perform key tasks, with clear focus on deliverables quality and timing
The successful candidate can demonstrate significant experience within a Risk Management or Capital Management function, either within Financial Institutions or a well established Consulting Firm.
He or She must be a strong team player with the ability to work in a complex multinational environment. Strong PMO skills and written/oral communication ability required.
Further requirements include:
- Sound knowledge of the Single Supervisory mechanism led by the European Central Bank and overall European regulatory environment (e.g., Basel III and CRDIV/CRR)
- Strong ICAAP experience
- Broad risk knowledge across Pillar I and Pillar II risks
- Deep knowledge of stress tests and scenario analysis
- Relevant experience in governance and process implementation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels, including senior management
- Good interpersonal skills and personal leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to adequately prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail and quality of final deliverables
- Ability to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus and successfully navigate in the demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
- Demonstrated high energy and strong motivation to add value to the organization
- Proficient use of MS Office applications
- Strong English language skills
- Support other Risk Management areas as needed