EMEA Lead for Integrated Data Governance Program
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The position is for an experienced Executive Director to head the EMEA Data Governance team in London. The position dual reports to the Global Head of Finance Change and Data, and to the Global Lead of the Enterprise Data Office (EDO).
Cover and lead multiple complex initiatives including:
- Own program expansion and integration and onboarding of new EMEA consumers, e.g., MIFID, COREP, Operations Reg Reporting Partnership, etc.
- Drive and execute large-scale / thematic issue management planning and remediation programs to improve Data Quality including influencing constituents to tackle long-standing Firm-wide challenges and new regulatory demands (e.g., Collateral)
- Chair and innovate senior forums related to Data Governance, e.g., EMEA Data Governance Senior Forum
- Summarise findings and strategies and present to Senior Committees, e.g., EMEA Risk Committee, DGC, etc.
- Manage and set direction of the London team
- Manage team toward delivery of Enterprise Data Office goals
- Provide Data Governance Council Chairs coverage
- Coordinate consistent delivery across the enterprise
- Prioritise multiple high profile tasks
- Liaise across the Firm at Executive Director/Managing Director levels
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of strong management in a Finance or similar function, including ability to independently drive and implement process and technical projects and change management in a regulatory driven environment
- Strong analysis and presentation skills including the ability to consolidate and synthesize information into cogent messaging for Senior Management
- Strong multitasking skills, with ability to execute multiple complex programs in parallel
- Strong people management skills, with experience in managing teams to deliver and implement solutions
- Knowledge and experience of financial products accounting and operations
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation, and to work with clients
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.