- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Aug 18
EMEA Low Latency Network Architect & Engineer # 116034
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
As a Senior Low Latency Network Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Architect, Engineer, Lifecycle and Low Latency Network Infrastructure at various colos.
- Managing onboarding of external clients - Receive connection requests from Business units, select and present various solutions to the client, implement network changes to provide client connectivity.
- Troubleshooting/Fixing various network issues.
- Maintenance of network devices such as device or code upgrades.
- Market Data and Order Execution Services.
- Providing exchange connectivity to support ultra-fast market data delivery and order execution, within collocations and to the rest of CS.
- Application Latency Monitoring and Reporting Services.
- Ensuring comprehensive operational control and reporting, providing actionable information to optimize the performance of the trading infrastructure. Create/Update procedures and documentation.
- Establishing and operating CS trading infrastructure in datacenters co-located with major exchanges and ECN, and Electronic Trading Network (ETN) environments in CS datacenters.
- Financial and Vendor Management Service.
- End-to-end process for managing Co-Lo vendor services, project justification and management, financial controls, transparency and accountability with CS Efficiency management teams.
- Operate/configure various network monitoring tools.
- Implementing changes in routing policies, responsible for approving.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- You will have extensive commercial experience of managing networks in trading environment, preferably in Low Latency.
- She/he will have excellent knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Excellent knowledge of Layer 2, Layer 3, Layer 4 protocols (STP, PC/vPC/MLAG, CDP/LLDP, VLAN/VxLAN, VRRP/HSRP, TCP/UDP, ACL, TACACS+, SNMP, NTP/PTP, VRF).
- Solid knowledge of multicast.
- Strong knowledge of network monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Algorithmic/DMA/HFT and trading platforms and how the trade lifecycle operates a must.
- Good understanding of Exchange protocols and trading systems across multiple asset classes.
- Experienced with managing vendors for Managed Services from defining SLA's to managing project delivery.
- Understands the front office business in equities and fixed income.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Perl, shell).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Strong knowledge of Unix based environments.
- Demonstrated high-level client service skills.
- Remedy or Service Now based Incident and Change Management experience.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Passionate, team player, dedicated, high level of commitment/flexibility and motivated by work.
For more information visit Technology Careers.