EMEA Media & Communications - Investment Banking Vice President - Comms
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs. Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. An ideal candidate would have prior financial industry or investment banking experience.
EMEA Media & Communications team within Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division is a leading franchise in the sector, covering a broad array of publicly listed and private companies in the EMEA media and telecommunications sector. The companies in the sector are highly transaction oriented with Morgan Stanley advising them on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions.
• Evaluating clients' strategic positioning and landscape to make recommendations on potential strategic actions
• Advising clients on a broad range of transaction types
• Identifying and initiating new domestic and international banking relationships
• Analysing and advising on a broad range of financial matters to companies' managements, boards and shareholders, including coordination with legal, accounting, regulatory and other advisers
• Developing and maintaining key business relationships with senior corporate management and board of directors
• Supervising Associates and Analysts on various banking transactions and origination efforts
• You have a strong academic background
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Relevant experience within Transportation is desired
• Fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in additional languages is helpful
• Solid numerical and analytical skills, combined with a strategic mind set and ability to analyze and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Sound people management skills – able to motivate, direct and empower team members through on-going feedback and coaching
• Team player - able to contribute to a team environment that balances individual initiative and team accomplishments.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a team environment
• Client-centricity – ability to establish rapport with clients so they feel that they have a “personal” relationship with the Firm/Division
• Strong professional skills - recognized for product/functional knowledge and execution
• Excellence – able to identify opportunities to optimize a team’s talents and an ability to contribute to profitability and efficiency
• Innovation – able to identify creative solutions in the face of complex problems
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-JD2