We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Position Overview Due to business growth and an expanding product range, PIMCO is looking for an experienced private funds lawyer to be responsible for a range of legal work relating to its private strategy funds mostly domiciled in Luxembourg. The role will be based in London (although Luxembourg will also be considered).
This role demands an experienced private funds lawyer with a first class intellect and significant experience with alternative investment funds. The ideal candidate will have experience in the set-up, structuring, investment restrictions, marketing and ongoing maintenance of alternative investment vehicles (with strategies that may invest in asset classes such as real estate, commercial and residential loan transactions, corporate credit transactions (including distressed securities), private credit and private equity) as well as experience with more traditional 'liquid' funds (investing in asset classes such as bonds, other fixed income securities and derivatives).
The candidate should be well versed in laws and regulations applicable to the private funds industry and will be expected to partner closely with the business, including product, finance, operations, compliance and other colleagues. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience and be comfortable advising and presenting at board level and managing regulatory interactions.
Lawyers with relevant experience whether in-house or private practice will be considered.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Legal work relating to PIMCO's European alternative fund ranges and fund documentation;
- Advise on the structuring, setting-up and organization of regulated and non-regulated alternative investment funds (AIFs) and their managers (AIFMs);
- Drafting of the vehicles' issuing and constitutional documents (LPA, offering memorandums, articles of association), agreements with service providers (AIFM agreements, depositary agreements, portfolio management agreement, etc.) and preparing of filings with the CSSF as needed;
- A range of contractual work related to clients (e.g., side letters), funds, distribution and other third party contracts;
- Support for other legal functions and projects (e.g., regulatory monitoring and implementation projects, corporate projects, governance support);
- Working closely with key stakeholders in the business;
- Develop, establish and improve internal processes.
- Analyzing and managing a variety of regulatory issues affecting the PIMCO's private funds platform, including AIFMD, MiFID, SFDR etc.
- Mentoring junior members of the Alts Legal team; and
- Overseeing and managing external counsel.
- Financial services / asset management industry experience
- Luxembourg fund formation experience and familiarity namely with AIFMD, MiFID, EU/UK Securitization Regulation and U.S. and non-U.S. laws (e.g. Cayman) impacting privately offered funds is preferred
- Private fund distribution experience (e.g. distribution agreements, private placement registrations, etc.)
- Experience dealing with private funds work / distribution
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to work autonomously on matters
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Pension (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office