EMEA Retail Business Strategy Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s EMEA Retail business employs 220 people with over $220bn assets under management. EMEA Retail is primarily a wholesale business providing cross-border solutions to intermediaries who serve the full spectrum of privately-owned wealth across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our clients are predominantly global and multi-national banks, wealth managers and insurers focused on delivering discretionary investment management and financial advisory services to private investors.
EMEA Retail’s product proposition comprises a broad range of both actively managed and index pooled investment vehicles. The BlackRock Global Funds (BGF) range, which is registered and distributed in over 22 countries across the EMEA region, is our flagship offering, designed to meet the needs of a $2.37 trillion cross-border retail investment market. A UK-domiciled Authorized Unit Trust range (BFM) is also distributed in the UK to serve the needs of our domestic UK client base. In addition to its core mutual fund business, EMEA Retail aims to deliver bespoke, outcome-oriented investment portfolios to strategic partners across the region, often acting as an out-sourced portfolio manager on behalf of our largest distributors
The Associate role will be critical in supporting the Business Strategy team in shaping and delivering the division’s strategic projects. This role would imply working in cross-functional teams and connecting with multiple stakeholders of the organization, including senior management, thus offering significant exposure and growth opportunities. Analytical skills, results-oriented working attitude and the ability to work under pressure are key to perform well in this role.
- Support Business Strategy with the development of strategic projects through different phases; e.g., growth of distribution segments, country deep-dives, technology agenda;
- Work autonomously on development of strategic projects, and regularly engage with senior members of the team (VP, D, MD) and senior stakeholders in the organization on progress / exception management.
- Perform market analysis, to review and inform on macro industry trends, distribution trends; technology trends and competitor analysis
- Prepare concise project scope documents (depending on activity).
Skills & Qualifications
- Strategy consultant from a leading strategy consulting firm (3-5 years of experience, i.e., likely to be at Associate level); financial industry knowledge a plus;
- Problem solving: can think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate his / team resources accordingly;
- Analytical and quantitative skills: comfortable to perform data analysis with good degree of autonomy and synthesize results to team and senior stakeholders; attention to details;
- Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions;
- Interpersonal skills: Team player; ability to engage with the team and diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships, create a collaborative environment within the team.
- A passionate interest in exploring and understanding financial markets and the asset management industry; knowledge of technology in financial services – or desire to develop in this growing space - a plus.
- A desire to grow quickly, working in a high-energy environment with commitment to excellence
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.