EMEA Risk Governance, Policy & Cross-Risk, Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
The Risk Management Division comprises Market, Credit, and Operational Risk, together with Risk Governance, Risk Infrastructure, Risk Analytics and Portfolio Risk.
This role is within the EMEA Risk Governance function. The Function has the responsibility to ensure EMEA Risk Management Division’s governance (including policies and procedures) is in line with local regulation and best practice and help ensure a consistent approach in dealing with regulators.
• Risk Management Policies and Procedures, Development and Management: including designing, writing and reviewing policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure they meet best practices.
• Identify and propose changes to enhance procedures and ensure they are in line with regulatory processes and controls
• Policy co-ordination: administration and tracking of annual policy reviews, as well as co-ordinating and managing interim risk policy and procedure updates.
• Cross-Risk and Ad-hoc Deliverables: Co-ordinate and drive cross-risk external reporting as it pertains to the risk management framework, for example, Risk Management disclosures and regulatory self-assessments.
• Provide support to wider team on committee administration and regulatory matters including taking minutes, co-ordination and quality assurance on regulatory submissions.
Skills Required / Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent ideally in Finance, Economics, other business related subject, or Law;
• Business writing experience, with particular emphasis on policies, standards, and guidelines;
• Prior experience in risk management or other risk/control role, ideally within a wholesale financial services environment;
• Good understanding of banking regulation, especially relating to risk management;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations;
• Confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate;
• Committee administration experience including minute taking and agenda and submission management.
• Very strong organization skills with flexible approach and ability to plan schedules, multitask, and prioritise; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Business knowledge of capital markets (sales and trading);
• Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1