EMEA Securitised Products and Commercial Real Estate Credit Officer (AVP/VP)
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels. We are -
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- A department which is open to flexible working arrangements.
Credit Suisse's global Real Estate & Asset Finance ("REAF") team within Credit Risk Management ("CRM") is seeking to recruit a Vice President/Assistant Vice President-level Credit Risk Officer to join its growing London team.
CRM's REAF team is responsible for the credit assessment, approval, rating, reporting and risk management of secured credit facilities for residential and commercial real estate mortgage loan originators and servicers; consumer and asset finance receivable originators and servicers; and commercial real estate owners and operators.
This is a multi-faceted role which will support senior team members of the global REAF team and work in coordination with local EMEA CRM colleagues. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare independent assessment and recommendation on the credit quality of proposed credit facilities including establishing risk appetite and internal rating.
- Communicate the results of analysis performed in Credit Committee and in written reports.
- Coordinate with front office team on structuring and documentation for proposed credit facilities.
- Perform on-site due diligence of the originators/servicers as well as asset site visits. Ensure appropriate standards of due diligence are adhered to for each counterparty and transaction.
- Ensure consistency of documentation with the terms of the approved credit facilities.
- Acting as an interface between Counterparty Credit Officers and the business for the review of structured securities funding facilities including Repo and Total Return Swap structures.
- Assess progress of syndication efforts against Credit Committee approved timelines and prepare regular updates for senior management.
- Monitor collateral performance and loan covenants of existing portfolio, including periodic reporting on risk concentrations, portfolio quality and compliance with internal risk limits.
- Prepare timely and insightful annual reviews of counterparties and credit facilities, including maintaining internal ratings.
- Be the first point of contact regarding credit-related matters for your portfolio.
- Ensure adherence to credit and other relevant internal policies and procedures.
- Support ongoing CRM projects, related to the Bank's credit risk appetite framework, legal-entity risk initiatives, portfolio risk monitoring, exposure calculation methodology and regulatory compliance.
- Support the development of underwriting guidelines for European consumer and asset finance, and commercial real estate lending activities.
- Extensive experience with European ABS/RMBS structures and markets, AND/OR Commercial Real Estate ("CRE") lending (both direct CRE-secured lending and CRE warehouse transactions).
- Analytical and practical approach to problem solving. Ability to learn new products and asset classes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with senior management in a clear and structured manner.
- Track record of working under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited direct supervision.
- Ambitious, hardworking individual with excellent attention to detail, team spirit and flexibility to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of an equivalent role at a major investment or global commercial bank.
- Knowledge of traditional rating agency approaches to European ABS, RMBS, CMBS and conduit warehouses.
- Knowledge of working with cash flow models used to review securitization structures.
- Given the restructuring efforts underway at most EMEA financial institutions, you have experience of underwriting and financing non-performing loan ("NPL") portfolios.
- Familiar with legal documentation and risk issues to ensure that appropriate legal concepts are incorporated into final transaction structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with negotiation, influencing capabilities.
- Additional European language skills are an advantage but not essential.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Competitive Salary Offered.
Closing date 25th May
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.