EMEA Supply Chain Leader - Planning and Inventory Controls
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our internal and external customers through Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing, operating out of 22 global locations and distributing our equipment to over 190 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. We plan, procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities. Our Distribution & Planning teams handle the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, international trade compliance, and quality control. What's the role?
Bloomberg's Supply Chain department is seeking an EMEA Supply Chain Leader for our Planning and Inventory Controls functions. The incumbent will partner with various stakeholders within the organization to manage demand, supply, and distribution planning functions for our customer products, primarily desktop hardware, network equipment, and authentication equipment including leading our inventory optimization initiative to ensure effective support of our customers. The successful candidate will be a high energy professional with strong interpersonal skills who has demonstrated success within the Supply chain space in a managerial role. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Managing Demand, Supply, and Distribution Planning functions for our customer equipment, their components and other materials
- Working closely with various functions within the Supply Chain organization including: Warehouse, Trade Compliance and Logistics, Quality, Accounting, and the various functions across the Enterprise
- Creating and implementing a process to most efficiently manage our global inventory
- Liaising closely and managing relationships with our key vendor contacts who provide our equipment and services
- Phasing in new products and providing high level recommendations for new relationships and strategies
- Achieving yearly goals for KPIs such as Plan vs. Actuals, BIAS, Inventory turns, etc.
- Maintaining accuracy of physical inventory and conducting cycle counts, validating inventory and controls in place with a focus on loss prevention, fraud prevention, and enhancing operational efficiencies
- Maintaining customer record accuracy
If this sounds like you:
- Management experience
- Strong planning experience in S&OP, materials management, MRP, production planning and inventory management.
- Solid experience of managing inventory and cycle count
- In-depth knowledge of SAP / SCM / MRP / DRP is required
- In-depth knowledge of statistical forecasting and applying error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain, or equivalent work experience
- APICS or CSCP certification a plus
Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.