ESG Champion for Dynamic Global Private Equity and Growth Investor, London, UK
A fantastic opportunity to join a truly global private equity firm which focuses on growth investing in dynamic situations, supporting the most ambitious and talented entrepreneurs and companies to achieve their goals.
ESG is at the core of the firm's business and the team is committed to achieving the highest levels of ESG leadership, both for the firm and its portfolio companies and to be recognised as a market leader. As ESG Champion you will play a key role in transitioning ESG from a specialist programme to a fully integrated part of the business across the firm and its portfolio whilst also positioning the firm as industry leaders. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defining the ESG disclosures necessary to meet the expectations of the firm's stakeholders, regulatory requirements and optimising the Firm' ESG ratings
- Monitoring all relevant ESG and sustainability related policy and regulatory developments and identifying the implications for the Firm and its portfolio companies
- Engaging with all stakeholders, both internal and external, to mobilise necessary actions and appropriate responses
- Maintaining close relationships with all teams across the Firm to support the continued integration of ESG across the business and its portfolio
- Understanding of ESG issues, particularly climate risk
- Knowledge of policy and regulatory developments. disclosure requirements and best practice
- Experience developing and implementing ESG strategy within a private markets firm or within the financial services industry.
- Genuine interest in ESG and Responsible Investment practices which is aligned to both professional and personal values
- Ability to disseminate data and information and to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders - both internal and external
- Good understanding of private markets, particularly market terminology and the connection between an investment firm, its portfolio companies, and investors