ESG Product Manager, Repository Operations Grade
: 10 (For Internal Purposes) The Location:
New York or London
S&P Global Sustainable1 is S&P Global's single source of essential sustainability intelligence. Sustainable1 supports our clients with ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global's divisions to help meet their unique needs as they are navigating and realizing the transition to a net zero, sustainable and equitable future. More than ever, investors and companies seek evidence-based insights, high quality data and advanced analytics to support the decisions driving their strategies linking sustainability and business performance. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations, and governments with an unmatched level of clarity and confidence. The Team:
TheESG Product Manager, Repository Operations will be part of the Sustainable 1 Product Group. The Impact:
Operational leadership of this team and platform, presents the successful candidate with a unique opportunity to be directly involved in responding to & influencing the ESG data dynamic for corporates and financial institutions globally. The roll out of this platform, is occurring at a time, of rapidly developing multi framework ESG data reporting obligations increasingly within multiple regulatory regimes. The platform has a well-defined 'Public Good' component which reflects our commitment to enabling rapid adoption on a global basis with controlled costs for users. What's in it for you:
This will be a highly visible role within S&P Global to lead and manage the operations of a core ESG data management platform which is used by key internal & external users. The platform enables users to address issues linked to their capturing, control and reporting of ESG metrics across 40 leading ESG frameworks & schemas. The platform functions on a multi framework, multi-jurisdictional basis and the candidate must expect to adopt a 'player/manager' approach in delivering successful outcomes. You will also be expected to act as a key influencer in the development of the platform and the broader ESG data structuring debate both internally and if required externally. By its nature, the role has a global focus and may require international travel.
- There is an expectation of rapid growth, and the role will include team management & reporting, direction setting and KPI setting/measurement.
- By its nature, the role has a global focus
- You would be expected to directly contribute and help inform the development of the broader ESG platform environment
What We're Looking For: Preferred Qualifications
- Platform & Process Operational Control
- ESG Schema Design & Maintenance
- Cross-Departmental Collaboration/Coordination
- Client / User Support & Engagement
- Team Management and Development
- Undergraduate Degree [Environmental Policy / Sustainable Finance / Finance / Investment]
- Master's Degree [Environmental Policy / Sustainable Finance / Finance / Investment] or demonstrable practical experience within a Corporate of Financial Institutions ESG / Sustainable Finance function
- 5 years' experience of ESG/Sustainability data management
- Working knowledge of the structure & development of ESG frameworks & schemas.
- Knowledge of KYC/AML best practice.
- Computer/Systems literate with a keen eye for detail/risk.
- Ability to lead, develop and grow a team in a fast-paced client focused environment.
- Used to working internationally with an ability to travel when required.
- Used to working within a multi project, multi-site, environment across different ESG/Sustainable Finance disciplines.
- Used to being considered an SME.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Experience working with ESG Data frameworks & schemas including TCFD, SASB, GRI, IPEACA, UNSDGs, EU SFDR, EU Taxonomy from a process development & implementation perspective.
- Knowledge of the development of legislation linked to ESG data reporting by companies and financial institutions on a multi-jurisdictional basis.
- Experience of designing, documenting, implementing and managing operational workflows.
- Able to lead internal & external engagements and speak publicly on ESG issues if required.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $75,100 -$155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About S&P Global Sustainable1:
S&P Global Sustainable1 is the central source for sustainably intelligence from S&P Global. Sustainable1 matches customers with the ESG products, insights and solutions from across S&P Global divisions to help meet their unique needs. Our comprehensive coverage across global markets combined with in-depth ESG intelligence provides financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. Our data and well-informed point of view on critical topics like energy transition, climate resilience, positive impact and sustainable finance allow us to go deep on the details that define the big picture so customers can make decisions with conviction. To learn more about Sustainable1, visit www.spglobal.com/sustainable1 .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
274148 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States