ESG Sales Specialist
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Role: ESG Sales Specialist Location: London Job Description
This is a Sales Director position with Fitch Solutions.
In this high-profile individual contributor sales role, you will be responsible for leading the regional sales effort for Fitch Solutions ESG products. Your remit inlcude leading New Logo and Cross-Selling initiatives for the Fitch Solutions ESG product(s) across the EMEA region. This role is based in London and offers a base Salary and Commission.
The incumbent of this role will:
- Lead Fitch Solution's efforts in driving top line sales growth of the firm's set of ESG offerings in the assigned territory
- Lead new logo and cross-sell sales efforts to prospective businesses and organizations in order to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Work with regional and global management and other sales groups globally in developing and executing a strategic sales to generate new business and identify market opportunity for the Fitch ESG business. Collaborate with subregions/teams within the region in executing the ESG sales agenda
- Respond to request for proposals and information and assist with scoping exercises in conjunction with colleagues in the wider sales teams
- Lead the efforts of the regional account management teams in identifying and qualifying new ESG prospects
- Represent Fitch Solutions products and services that require strong knowledge in ESG investment
- Ensure CRM discipline of developing and maintaining a database (sales pipeline) of potential and existing clients
- Shape and position new product offerings to be in line with market demand and needs
- Lead one-to-one meetings with Chief Investment Officers, Heads of ESG, Heads of ESG Risk Management and ESG Investment
- Significant experience in Sales/Business Development in the ESG investment and ESG data arenas
- Proven track record in developing new business and growing revenue streams
- Extensive engagement experience in the asset management, asset ownership, banking and capital markets sector, including both sales and service delivery
- Ability to generate new business opportunities by thoroughly understanding Fitch Solutions ESG data and its service lines and actively assessing and presenting ways to apply knowledge and services
- Proven ability to persuade and negotiate effectively
- Ability to call upon clients, define their needs and respond with relevant products and services
- Extensive financial institution contacts, ideally across buys-side, asset owners, and sell-side
- Understanding of ESG risk management requirements in strategic decision making, risk identification, risk quantification / quantitative modeling, risk management framework development and implementation with an emphasis on how ESG data is used in this context
- A capable, articulate, personable and energetic self-starter with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated: ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative, tenacity and perseverance
- Team player with ability to work successfully within immediate team and the broader products and services team globally
- Experienced with interfacing with senior management and executives especially in client project situations
- Strong time management and organisational skills. Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks efficiently is critical
- Ability to thrive under pressure and demonstrate flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Willing to travel extensively regionally
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.