ETF and Index Investments - Business Manager Associate - EMEA
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The EII Investments Portfolio Engineering Management Business Manager team is looking to expand in EMEA. The successful candidate will play a key part in the successful implementation of a wide range of strategic and tactical initiatives that ultimately contribute to the effectiveness of the Business Management function.
The successful candidate will display strong commitment to the EII business and will be prepared to go the extra mile as required. The ability to quickly establish and build rapport are crucial as is the ability to react positively under pressure.
Support the Business Manager and the broader EII Investments EMEA management on strategic and tactical initiatives ensuring timely delivery and high quality execution:
- Strategic Initiatives & New Products - work closely with senior management on key projects, strategic initiatives and new product launches
- Ad hoc Requests – assist team with data requests, trainings and demos, business continuity efforts, etc.
- Business Strategy – deliver on key objectives and focus areas for the business and develop action plans to build the platform to support future state
- Technology – collaborate with internal business partners to identify and facilitate technology enhancements which address the evolving needs of the business
- Operational Risk – drive discussions around operating events and process improvements to help mitigate operational risk
- Presentations and Meetings - aid management in organizing and preparing presentations
- Regulatory Management: ensure legal and compliance submissions are execute don time. Remain abreast of new regulation, continually seeking opportunities to ensure the robustness of our operating environment.
- Policy & Procedures: promote and provide necessary training on firm, business and regulatory policies and procedures
- Additional Opportunities: provide support as required to the EII EMEA Leadership Team enabling access to the entire breadth of this front office business
- Execution: the most critical component of the role: provide outstanding and enduring day to day ownership of all tasks above striving to contribute and drive the business forward at every opportunity
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in asset management is preferable. Of key importance is the candidate’s ability to demonstrate drive and commitment to owning and being accountable for the numerous projects they undertake and developing a strong and trusting partnerships with the broader EII team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, able to partner with employees both senior and junior across the business and firm
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills including ability to function effectively within a fast-paced environment and ability to multitask
- Mature outlook with the ability to handle sensitive information in a discrete manner
- Strong networker and relationship builder with experience of collaborating and encouraging a diverse workforce
- High levels of self-motivation, energy and initiative with a commitment to excellence
- Proven track record in delivering on significant activities
- Strong financial and technical abilities, including attention to detail and affinity for data analysis
- A real team player who can cope with a truly fast pace with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Innovative – always looking for ways to improve and enhance delivery, exuding an entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.