An award winning and well-known commodities trading organisation has commandeered the services of Harrington Starr in their search for an ETRM Solutions Architect to work on a set of ongoing initiatives to increase the capability and modernise their systems and to improve processes and technology support of the business.
In this role as an ETRM Solutions Architect you will use your breadth of expertise in solution architecture and deep understanding of issues and trends relevant to the energy trading industry to help drive through solutions to benefit the risk and trading business stakeholders.
This role is a leadership role requiring you to use the resources around you to solve complex IT issues this will require technical leadership, leading and guiding systems design, architecture, user interface and integration and development processes.
You will work closely with vendor technology and the VP of Risk and VP Trading establishing technology strategy at an application level.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Engage with business and IT stakeholders to propose technology solutions for new trading and reporting requirements across ETRMS, reporting systems, and bespoke systems. –
- Lead the design, planning and implementation of complex IT solutions
- Provide leadership and set technical direction to project team of 30+ people
- Translate the client’s business requirements into systems design
- Requirements analysis and definition of architecture and technical designs for system interfaces between ETRMs and related applications for trade flow, position management, management information, and risk management. –
- Documenting and explaining architecture options and cost estimates to senior personnel for decision-making.
- Work as part of an agile development environment including analysts, developers, and testers to derive requirements, solutions, and documentation. –
- Propose appropriate test cases for new functionality and interfaces, particularly for non-functional requirements and impact on the existing systems and functionality.
- Knowledge and experience are required of - Solution architecture in a trading system environment including proposing solution options and interface designs. –
- Establish high, mid and micro level project plans
- Lead risk and estimation efforts
- Establish competencies and knowledge management
- Drive improvements of techno-functional solutions and workflows
- Manage performance issues / risks with ETRM product implementation
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options for the requirements
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in ETRM product space and drive knowledge-management
- Solution architecture in a trading system environment including proposing solution options and interface designs.
- Dealing with diverse and time-constrained stakeholders including front-office
This role requires specialist and specific knowledge and has maximum visibility within the organisation to drive through change and would suit someone with both an excellent understanding of ETRM Systems but also with gravitas and drive to help deliver in a complex IT environment.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 10+ Years’ experience in Energy and Commodities Trading
- Experience delivering in an Enterprise or Solution Architecture or Head of Technology Capacity
- SME Understanding of ETRM System Implementation with Vendor products such as Openlink Endur, Allegro, Aspect, Aligne, Brady etc.
- Knowledge of Power & Gas Trading - Able to communicate, understand, influence and advise Head of Risk and Head of Trading
- Experience in both physical and financial trading
- Proven leadership and managerial skills along with stakeholder management