EU Senior Financial Analyst, Transportation FP&A
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an analytical and resourceful Financial Analyst (FA) to support the EU FP&A Transportation team, based in Luxembourg. In this role, you will be responsible for providing analytical support to the business/financial leadership team by monitoring operational performance and identifying improvement opportunities. You will also get the opportunity to work closely with a variety of stakeholders, including Retail finance, Controllership, BI, Supply Chain and Transportation teams to build multi-billion dollars financial plans. On top of the above, you will be in charge of driving initiatives to improve financial planning and reporting efficiency, develop new bridging / forecasting tools and establish new key performance metrics where appropriate.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Compiling and reviewing financial results and plans and communicating results to company leaders.
• Equipping the management with regular actionable reporting to enable decision making.
• Driving team productivity by automating and outsourcing reporting and analysis.
• Establishing and driving variance analysis processes on an ongoing basis and building technical solutions to support planning cycle and its continuous developments
• Coordinating forecasting exercises for EU Outbound Transportation costs.
The role will require quickly learning and fully grasping the business's economics to understand the big picture, gaining proficiency in our data systems to capture the right details, and communicating clearly and succinctly to effectively partner with business leaders and influence decisions. The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The position will also require to be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other fields with an analytical focus
• Corporate finance or related analytical experience
• Intermediate to advanced experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Python, Essbase and/or Cognos)
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (VBA, macros)
• Fluent in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy)
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management Ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analyses
• Experience in identifying key metrics, and developing reports and analytical views in business intelligence tools
• High attention to details within frame of structured and organized thinking
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.