We are exclusively recruiting for our client, a VC backed growing international payments business with an exciting and ESG based vision, seeking an exceptionally talented and driven Finance & Treasury Lead. Reporting to the COO and helping to build a global Finance Department across several locations (London, East Africa & USA), duties will include;
- Driving the building of best in class tech systems with the IT team in support
- Assisting in financial planning including budgeting, forecasting, reporting against actuals, and supporting long term strategic plans
- Establishing accounting policies and procedures while maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Appling technical accounting knowledge on the Order to Cash process, which includes proper accounting and analyses of revenue, cost of sales, cash, customer incentives, customer receivables and liabilities, foreign exchange transactions, and reserves
- Driving month-end closure of books and consolidation of books across the company
- Ensuring that all tax-related deadlines are met in collaboration with support from local market experts
- Driving the businesses cash management program - planning and distributing funds to make sure the users' money is where it needs to be, at the right time.
- Driving optimisation of forex trading - negotiating and executing currency trades, ensuring best possible rates
- Building relationships with existing and prospective bank partners to ensure optimisation of FX costs over the medium/long term.
- Management of existing and new funding channels, ensuring the most efficient utilisation per channel (debt facilities / credit lines).
- Building and maintaining short and medium term cash flow forecasts for operational funds flows.
- Collaborating on pricing strategy, market analysis, working with partner banks and ensuring funding lines are utilised in the most effective manner.
- Developing a playbook for treasury which can replicate as it expands to new countries.
- Liaise with local and international auditors on a regular basis ensuring both you can relate to their needs and that they understand the business properly
You must be a qualified accountant (e.g. ACA/ACCA) with an audit background originally, now with strong financial reporting experience from an in house accounting role. This should include the ability to scope out accounting systems requirements then explain to the IT function to implement. You should also have payments sector experience (Banking, Fintech, Money Transfer etc).
So if you’re passionate about driving financial inclusion across the African continent and want to help shape the culture of this exciting company as an early employee, then please send your details to Gary Collins in the first instance email@example.com (Including a contact number & email) however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.