As an Assistant Manager within the Financial Crime Advisory team, you will support the team in delivering financial crime engagements across the portfolio of clients. In addition, you will play a key role in assisting the team with developing the firm's financial crime offering and working methods.
Our client is a renowned and established consultancy firm.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with all clients and colleagues.
- Support financial crime reviews from planning to preparation of draft reports.
- Conduct reviews of financial crime controls across AML/CTF, sanctions, ABC, market abuse and fraud.
- Lead workstreams in large-scale projects.
- Provide quality assurance of fieldwork conducted by junior members of the team.
- Assist with engagement administration including preparation of engagement letters and client take on.
- Develop proposals for new client engagements.
- Ensure team members respond to review points raised.
- Be aware of possible business opportunities for the team.
- Assist with realising the financial crime opportunities through marketing, recruitment and training, and development of methodologies.
- Deliver projects in the required time-frame as agreed with the client.
- Maximise utilisation by working effectively and efficiently.
- Strong academic background, ideally to degree level or equivalent.
- Good reporting writing and presentation skills.
- Financial Crime / AML professional qualification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in delivery of financial crime reviews and reporting to regulatory authorities.
- Functional knowledge of the UK and European financial crime regulatory environment (with knowledge of the global environment an advantage).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities.