Electronic Trading Analyst - Hedge Fund $50Bln AUM, London, New York and Chicago
- There is an outstanding Financial package, to include competitive base salary, sign on
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Paragon Executive
- 15 Jan 19
An exciting and dynamic opportunity has opened up in London for one of the worlds leading and high profile Hedge Funds with $50Bln AUM and offices in London, New York and Chicago. Our client is looking for someone with strong experience in Electronic (Systematic or Algorithmic) Equities or Futures.
Our client has one of the best performances and award structures globally and is also well regarded for its strong training and collaborative team-based culture. This is a chance to join one of world's top financial firms and dramatically increase your earning potential.
This position is a great platform for a junior trade support associate to grow their career and be exposed to the market in such a way that a future in Trading is definitely on the cards.
- Interface with Traders, Technology, Exchanges, QRs, and others to help deliver complex trading workflows and enhance automation
- Monitor and manage the health of the trading infrastructure day to day, resolve issues both tactically and strategically in partnership with traders; includes initial system start-up and clean shut down/EoD book sign-off
- Own and enhance all reconciliation procedures with regards to cost accruals (trading fees, fixed costs, tax), booking, reporting and PnL
- Work with traders, IT and Dev to manage connectivity setups and cost/inventory management, to ensure desk readiness for external changes
- Partner with Portfolio Finance to manage daily desk financing and stock loan activity as it pertains to trading and positions
- Ensure quoting and MM obligations are met throughout trading day and cumulatively on a monthly ongoing basis, and accurate calculation of country-specific tax obligations in partnership with accounting
- Improve and manage existing trade reporting workflows to ensure full MiFID compliance for the desk in existing and new trading workflows, including establishing proper controls and reconciliations
- European equities and futures market structure and exchange architecture knowledge a major plus
- Technical skills (e.g., Python, SQL, R, UNIX familiarity or programming language familiarity) will be necessary, combined with strong written and oral communication skills to thrive in a collaborative environment
- 1-4 years’ experience in electronic (systematic or algorithmic) equities or futures trading business; trader assistant, execution services or IT support role preferred
- Technical thinker with extreme attention to detail, analytical rigor, and desire to work in a fast-paced trading environment
- Ability to prioritize under pressure while maintaining complete composure
- Naturally curious and entrepreneurial minded, self-starter with minimal required guidance is a must.
There is an outstanding Financial package, to include competitive base salary, sign on and gauranteed bonus.
The Bottom Line
If this job posting seems different from those of our competitors, it’s because our clients really are different: it’s not just a slogan or a mantra. We are out to change an industry by building a better mousetrap. No tricks, no games, just top-tier candidates and excellent service to our clients. To do that, we need to hire the best of the best. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
For a confidential discussion about this role, or to discuss similar opportunities in the Alternative Ivestment Management sector, please call Graham Murphy at Paragon Executive Intelligence on email@example.com Tel - 00-353-8746770