Great opportunity for a quant researcher with a mix of electronic trading/data experience and some options knowledge (basic derivs understanding), for a strong quant team based either in London or Paris.
Electronic Trading Options Quant - VP level
This group is looking for a quantitative researcher for the Equity Derivatives Flow business. The group's objective is to drive the automation and optimization of volatility trading, which includes pricing and hedging client trades, managing portfolio risks, market making and electronic execution. The role involves contributing to all these fronts in partnership with the trading desks, by making extensive use of data and AI.
You need to be business driven and to have previous quantitative experience in a Bank or a Hedge Fund, ideally in the equity option markets. Your skillset should feature an extensive knowledge of quantitative methods and AI applied to financial markets, including risk modelling, alpha research and general data science, as well as a strong expertise in programming languages (Python, TensorFlow, KDB). Finally, excellent communication skills are essential for the role.
In addition, they are providing on job training, intensive internal classroom training, and online courses, all given by their experienced quants. Through the diversity of the businesses it supports and the variety of functions that it is responsible for, the group provides unique growth opportunities for you to develop your abilities and your career.
You will contribute to the strategic agenda to transform the investment bank into a data-led business and drive change through innovation. Specifically, you'll have the chance to:
- Contribute directly to the business and client franchise; identify and generate revenue opportunities while working in close partnership with trading desks.
- Work on the Equity Derivatives Flow trading desk to automatize and optimize trading: build analytics and trading algorithms for quoting and hedging derivatives client trades, managing the risks and optimizing delta hedging. Build efficient electronic option execution and market making algorithms. Optimize trading operations with alpha signals.
- Contribute from idea generation to production implementation: perform research, design prototype, implement analytics and trading algorithms to manage client flow and risk inventory, support their daily usage and analyse their performance.
- Advanced graduate degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science...).
- Broad experience in equity derivatives and electronic trading. Experience in derivatives pricing models and hedging techniques. Experience in algorithmic trading and in analyzing high frequency market data.
- Working closely with trading desks, understanding their business, having an impact on the way they operate.
- Strong programming skills in Python and its standard numerical and data science packages. Ability to handle and analyse complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Experience with TensorFlow or other standard AI libraries.
- Business driven, excellent communication, deep interest in the option business, electronic trading and automation. Entrepreneurial spirit, strong attention to details, able to take the lead on projects, and passion for spreading a culture of change towards data-driven trading.
- Strong interpersonal skills - listening and communicating in a direct, succinct manner and willing to partner with people from different backgrounds.