Electronic Trading Risk Manager – Associate / Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
The Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) is a Sales and Trading wide team who support the London Fixed Income Division (FID) Risk Management team. ETRM works to:
- Provide business ownership of trading limits for FID trading, including support for MSET eFX client limits.
- Improve and monitor existing control frameworks for electronic trading platforms/applications or create new control frameworks if none exist.
- Provide subject matter expertise and direction as it relates to interpretation and understanding of trading, regulatory and trading venue rules.
- Critical assessment of systems architecture development as it relates to market impact, market access, fat finger risks etc.
- Product manage the Global Limit Manager (GLM) system which provides pre-trade controls; owning the system and monitoring ISG flow through it on a real-time basis.
- Advising ISG desk heads on e-trading control and limit structures.
- E-trading regulatory enquiries and exchange audits.
This is a risk management role with specific focus on the highly complex sales and trading infrastructure within FID. Areas of responsibility will include:
- Participation on systems development projects,
- Review and approval of electronic trading platform implementation,
- Setting of trading limits and defining appropriate limit structure governance,
- Conducting risk reviews of sales and trading applications,
- Reviewing application and engine behaviour against internal policies and external regulatory requirements,
- One off technical reviews,
- Coordination with Legal and Compliance,
- General risk management responsibilities.
Skills required (essential)
- Prior relevant technical experience in financial services in building, supporting or auditing front office sales and trading systems; or have some experience in management of technology led projects and understand the complexities and issues that result from such initiatives.
- Ability to react to and risk-manage real-time trading outages and issues.
- Proven track record in the ability to manage multiple simultaneous work-threads and make good decisions on where to focus efforts during varying competing projects and priorities.
- Strong understanding of and interest in the broader business and regulatory environment is necessary to ensure that appropriate solutions are generated which consider protection of the Firm’s franchise and effectively manage the risks across the trade plant & products.
- Strong technical skills and confidence in performing basic data analysis, with a strong willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple stakeholders across various teams; being able to clearly articulate objectives, requirements and risks & issues.
- Proactive attitude with ability and willingness to solve time-sensitive business and technical problems in a hands-on manner. A foundation of technical and analytical skills will enable the ideal candidate to learn complex trade flows and data models/structures.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.