Emerging Market Fundamental Active Equity Research Analyst
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock Fundamental Active Equity:
BlackRock’s Fundamental Active Equity division manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum, along with several targeted opportunities in specific market sectors. More than 40 investment teams —consisting of portfolio managers, research analysts and traders — manage style-specific portfolios built on BlackRock company research in each major equity asset class.
BlackRock’s Global Emerging Markets Fundamental Active Equity (GEM FAE) team is seeking a London equity research analyst with primary responsibility for research on equities and the provision of insights and investment recommendations for portfolios. The successful individual will be a key member of the team and will also be responsible for providing not just individual equity calls but also identifying, and communicating, the investment implications for the broader EMEA equity universe.
As an Analyst on the team, your responsibilities may include:
• Responsible for stock analysis and investment recommendations, undertaking robust and rigorous research and analysis of EMEA companies across to-be-determined sectors.
• Recommend and share investment ideas for EMEA equities with other investment professionals within the Global Emerging Markets equity team.
• Provide macro-economic views and insights as well as opinions on the outlook for EMEA equities and key and pertinent market drivers from top-down and bottom-up perspectives.
• Partner closely with the rest of the Global Emerging Markets equity team and build close working rapport. Contribute to the broader alpha generation of the team through the provision of relevant and insightful comments on drivers for stocks.
• Operate as part of the team utilizing best practices in terms of philosophy and process while contributing to evolution and development.
• Build partnership and strong working relationship with counterparts around the region
• Serve as a resource for, and share information with, other investment professionals at BlackRock.
• Be an ambassador for the Global Emerging Markets equity team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 3-6 years Global Emerging Markets equity market experience, with heavy preference on EMEA equities (ex-Russia)
• Knowledge of EMEA markets, understanding of the market complexities and languages will be a plus
• Ability to add alpha through company analysis across multiple sectors from Day 1
• A passion for the markets and investing
• Possesses an affinity for intelligent risk taking
• Proven research and analytical capabilities
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects
• Original and independent thinker, able to work in a team environment
• Exercises good judgment coupled with the ability to make decisions quickly
• Ability to operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to produce high-quality, detail-oriented work
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• English language fluency
• CFA and/or post graduate degree preferred