We are currently working with an Emerging markets fund in London who are looking to add an investment analyst across EM and Frontier markets. The ideal candidate will have some experience looking at Global EM, MENA or Frontier markets and have an investment approach underpinned by deep-dive fundamental research. You should demonstrate strong fundamental analysis of factors including: industry dynamics, corporate strategy and competitive advantages.
The firm invest and conduct research in countries typically characterized by high informational barriers and low institutional investor participation therefore you will be expected to have detailed interaction and discussions with senior C-level management, board members, politicians, economists and other local specialists. Regular country trips are common to ensure robustness of the investment process and decision-making.
Responsibilities will include:
- Idea generation, execution and conducting due diligence on publicly listed entities in frontier and emerging Markets.
- Producing clear and robust investment cases and effective communication and presentation of investment recommendations to the team
- Travelling on research trips to countries under coverage.
- Participating in business development meetings
- Presenting company and market views to clients to support and grow AUM
- Perform in-depth sector and company research through analysing financial filings, building detailed financial projection models, monitoring sell-side research and regularly engaging with C-suite executives at portfolio organizations and target companies
In addition to experience in EM equities the fund is looking for an analyst who:
- Is a long term investor with key emphasis on high sustainable return business models
- Has Generated investment ideas for a range of Emerging / Frontiers Markets products
- Possesses a deep knowledge base of culture, history, politics, and consumer habits in developing markets.
- Has ideally lived/spent significant time in the markets they invest in
- Has detailed understanding of economic and political drivers for financial markets and implications for investments
- Has not just monitored stocks but also private companies
This role would suit an individual with 2-4 years’ Experience.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org