Global Energy Trading House is now seeking an experienced Energy Trading Market Risk Manager to join their London office. You should have significant experience of the energy trading markets and working closely with the Front Office Trading desks.
This position plays a key role in understanding the Trading desks performance and the key risks and then reporting both back to senior management.
The key duties are as follows
- Monitor, understand and quantify key risks in the trading portfolio.
- Interact with Traders and Fundamental analysis teams to develop a coherent and real time view across markets, independently assess the risk/reward of strategies, and advise on portfolio management.
- Conduct and direct independent analysis on market fundamentals, external factors, and statistical relationships.
- Produce and present high quality written reports.
- Liaise with other Middle and Back office departments to escalate and resolve emergent risk issues as appropriate.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports at short notice for management.
- Direct and train more junior members of the team in day to day activities (as per above).
- Direct junior members of the team in design and building of analytical tools.
To be considered for this role you will need the following background
- Significant experience in risk management or trading within an Investment Bank, Hedge Fund or Energy Trading firm, either as a trader or commercial risk manager which may include managing and developing a risk function.
- Experience interacting directly with traders, originators and senior management.
- Demonstrable experience in quantifying and managing risks associated with exotic and vanilla option portfolios.
- Knowledge of risk measurement (VaR and stress testing), back-testing and statistical analysis.
- Experience managing or approving new business/products.
- Knowledge of energy products (European Power, European Gas, Global LNG, Global LPG, Power and Gas vanilla options, Power and Gas flexible assets)
- Experience in designing and building analytical tools and/or risk measurement models
- Experience with measuring and understanding the risk associated with and systematic and other quantitative trading systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills to identify and quantify key portfolio risks
- Strong Excel and VBA skills, particularly ability to analyse complex data.
This is a high profile commercial role with strong career development opportunities.