- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Mar 19
20 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£64,650 - £86,200
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers.
The role of our Software Engineers and Chapter Leads are vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect.
Within these roles we expect you to be able to ...
•\tLeading the solution architecture for the Virtual Assistance Lab, working in a multi-disciplined autonomous team delivering change through agile methodologies.
•\tEnsuring that the solution architecture is integrated and tested on a regular basis and easy to support by encouraging good design.
•\tDesigning solutions and roadmaps to address complex business challenges within the Virtual Assistance Lab, communicating these clearly with the team and external stakeholders.
•\tMentoring and coaching the team in architecture practices and issues, providing technical leadership to the architects/designers/engineers on both enterprise architecture and software engineering issues.
•\tDesigning solutions that consider cost and benefit drivers; identifying opportunities to drive value through creation of features and a minimal viable product.
•\tSimplifying complex technical issues into concise, clear, simple, actions or decisions for a non-technical audience, based on commercial and customer (not technical) considerations.
•\tDemonstrating an understanding of the architectural direction and existing enterprise assets (i.e. frameworks, patterns, subsystems) of LBG and ensuring that the team adheres / utilises them where appropriate.
•\tWorking to minimise; Commercial Commitment (to ensure maximum agility with minimum likelihood of regret costs) Cycle Time (through incremental architecture) and Technical Risk (through ensuring de-risking activities happen early and quickly).
•\tContinuously identifying and challenging all activities that could be construed as waste and taking personal risk when challenging established processes.
What we're looking for
- A broad range of technical skills with experience in web and mobile technologies, integration, infrastructure and security.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary approach to software architecture.
- Experience organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts.
- Proven experience in working with state-of the art technologies in Cognitive Computing, including but not exclusively:
- Natural Language Processing or Information Retrieval (e.g. IBM Watson Explorer / Content Analytics, UIMA, Open Source NLP Tools)
- Expertise in architecting solutions based on Micro services principles.
- Experience to open source cloud computing platform as a service (PaaS)
- Experience in the following web API technologies; REST APIs using Jersey or Apache CXF.
- Experience in the following middleware technologies; IBM Messagebroker and IBM Datapower.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.