Engineering - CCBD Technology - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 06 August 2018
Application Closing Date: 02 September 2018
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Consumer and Commercial Banking Division (CCBD) technology brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support the core banking platforms within CCBD
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment
- Implement new systems using micro services architecture
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and product owners to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
- Become an integral part of a global technology team working closely with colleagues and users in other regions
- Analyse existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- Provide digitally-advanced financial products to retail consumers
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Experience of working on technology projects for consumer lending and savings businesses required
- Must have experience in leading and implementing applications/platforms
- Full-stack engineering experience and familiarity with micro services required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement/automation initiatives required
- Programming experience in Java, C++/C# required
- Previous experience with Kafka, MongoDB required
- Familiarity with DB2, SQL, HTML, CSS, Ajax, JQuery, Tableu, Qlikview, Zoomdata, MS visual studio required
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills required
- Must have ability to collaborate with global teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects in an highly pressurized environment required
- Must have strong stakeholder/client relationship management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.