Engineering - GSAM Technology, Quantitative Investment Front Office Developer - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business.
GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment. GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
The Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) Technology is the Front Office team aligned with the QIS Desk within the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Division. The QIS Desk is a Portfolio Management & Trading Desk that manages fund families using sophisticated quantitative models and trades across asset classes on a global basis. Partnering with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Researchers and Strategists, QIS Technology develops applications, tools and workflows to allow the QIS Business to expand revenue opportunities.
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL?
- Solid object oriented design and programming skills
- Solid analytical skills and appreciation of technical risk
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines
- Strong team player and strong communicator
- Good client facing skills
- 2-5 years relevant technical experience as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications
- Java, Python, SQL, Hadoop prior experience
- Data Science skills
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills, and ability to use these methods to understand business requirements and build sound solutions
- Experience in test driven development
- Previous experience in a business-facing role would be a plus
- Prior experience working with trading systems
- Knowledge of OTC Derivatives and Listed products
- Automated testing in Junit and Mockito
- Knowledge of web protocols, application servers and web servers
- Experience in Spring MVC, RESTful services, Oracle PL/SQL
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.