- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
Job Reference # 192737BR
Do you have experience working as Engineering Lead in the world of Data Science? We’re looking for someone like that who:
- is a polyglot
- full-stack engineer with experience designing, implementing and maintaining data products back by a distributed data platform with high incoming data volume from disparate data sources within a Windows and Unix programming & deployment environment
- with experience managing a mixture of both streaming and batch data pipelines.
- preferably has some commercial experience
You’ll be working in the FRC Strategic Development Lab. The SDL focuses on design and optimization across three main areas: Business Operating Model, Cost, and Capital and Funding and operates at the cutting edge of finance. This is a brand new innovation lab opened within one of the largest Fixed Income, FX and Rates trading divisions in the world. The engineering lead will form an integral part of the data science team in helping to build out an end-to-end data platform to provide state-of-the-art analytics and machine learning capabilities in order to optimise all areas of the business. The data science team primarily engage in a mixture of internal consultancy, product-building and micro-service deployment tasks with the aim of liberating the vast quantities of data generated by one of the world's largest investment banks.
- Backend Frameworks & Platforms: Kafka (or other streaming technologies), Hadoop (or similar distributed systems)
- Frontend Frameworks: Python web-frameworks (Dash / Flask / Bottle / Sanic), React
- Query Languages / Databases: SQL, KDB