Engineering Manager in London | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Engineering Manager
What you'll do
- Joining us at Mettle, you'll set the strategic direction of the team, supported by the senior technical members
- Built for small businesses, startups, limited companies, sole traders, contractors and freelancers, Mettle is a free business account by NatWest that helps our customers get ahead today
- You'll take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of strategic and tactical projects, delivering agreed business outcomes and coordinating various technology and change teams to achieve this
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to share their subject matter expertise and help shape the future direction of the function
We'll look to you to be making sure that project deliverables can achieve customer goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership, as well as making sure that the reputation of the bank is built, safeguarded, and kept foremost in the mind, while interacting with all stakeholders.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Making sure that work done is aligned to the principles of software development across the bank
- Delivering architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Driving and contributing to the technology strategy roadmap
- Understanding and incorporating requirements originating from the programmes in which the project team is involved
- Influencing delivery plans and coordinating delivery across multiple projects and deliverables
Experience in leading and managing development teams will be required, as will knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycles and established software development methodologies. We'll also look for experience in driving change through to a successful conclusion and the ability to influence at all levels.
In addition, you'll need proven leadership skills and experience of leading teams of highly skilled software engineers to success, along with solid practical and theoretical knowledge of modern software development. You'll also need an excellent understanding of one or more of the key components in the stack, including React Native, Java, Kafka, Kubernetes and AWS.
You'll also bring:
- Experience of building and designing scalable and performant systems, and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company
- Good knowledge of technical architecture and the functionality of applications used to support the business
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- The ability to quickly understand and be familiar with complex systems
- Strong knowledge of project finances and reporting
- Experience of delivering projects in geographically dispersed teams
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.