Enterprise Risk Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Partners
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
The Risk Management department is looking for a dynamic graduate to join the Enterprise Risk team as an Analyst.
Main purpose of the role:
To assist with the design and implementation of the operational risk framework across the entities.
Operational Risk Event
- Review and monitor operational risk events.
- Conduct root cause and statistical analysis for key risk events.
- Produce periodic risk event reports.
ICAAP/Scenario Analysis (ScA)
- Assist the Head of Enterprise Risk in carrying out the annual Scenario Analysis and ICAAP processes.
- Assist in the quantification of operational risks identified as part of the scenario analysis process.
Key Risk Indicator (KRI)
- Maintain the KRI library and conduct data analysis.
- Interact with other departments to ensure they provide relevant data for KRIs.
Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA)
- Assist with workshops and regular meetings with key stakeholders within the business.
- Produce periodic RCSA reports and MI for the relevant risk committees.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Operational Risk & Compliance Committee (ORCC) and other relevant Management Committees.
- Update Policy and Procedure documents when required.
Key contacts/working relationships
- Risk Champions in each support function
- Interact with Senior Management and key business and support staff
Key outputs and key performance indicators
- Production and circulation of Key reports; Operational Risk Event reports, ORCC reports, ScA Reports
- Timely and accurate management information is provided to Senior Management, Committees and Board.
- Operational risk tools are kept updated as per Framework for Operational Risk (FOR). Maintenance of the KRI and Risk Registers and the Operational Risk Event Database
- Assistance with ad-hoc operational risk requests
- To be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
Skills / competencies required:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance, economics, maths or other related fields
- General understanding of operational risks
- Strong analytical skills preferably with a background in advanced mathematics/econometric analysis
- An understanding of the capital markets business including trade flows and settlements process
- Must be an intermediate Excel and PowerPoint user
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders within a complex organisational environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Career focussed and committed to continuing professional development
- An effective team player with the ability to lead and motivate others
- Robust, resilient and able to cope well under pressure.